Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

TTC #1/ cycle #1/ 35+ anyone want to join me??

(18 Posts)
Pebblesandblamblam Tue 19-Jun-18 13:54:34

CD3 here, excited to get going but also fully aware that it could be a long process given my age (37).

Anyone in the same boat and want to share the journey??

I came off the pill end of last year, cycles regular, taking folic acid and vit D.

Being a complete control freak have been reading lots (too much!) about ttc...just read an article about how often you should dtd... "do not have sex twice a day"...thank bloody god for that!

Veganmedic Tue 19-Jun-18 17:07:59

Hi! Am 35 in a couple of days and in cycle 1. Long cycles and no idea when I ovulate so trying temping and opks to up my chances. Trying to not get obsessed but it’s hard knowing it may take a while. Hope you get your bfp!

Doglady28 Tue 19-Jun-18 19:21:24

Hi. I'm 35 and a half.
Came off the pill 6 weeks ago.
This is first cycle and my period is due today! Hoping to be pregnant by Christmas 🤞

Pebblesandblamblam Tue 19-Jun-18 19:41:28

@veganmedic that's really tricky if you have long cycles. How long are we talking?? I'm thinking no temping or opks for the first month as likely to become obsessive like you say! I suggested dtd every other day to cover all bases without tracking, my husband reckons everyday to be sure grin Happy 35th!!! And hope you get your bfp too!

@doglady fingers crossed you get your Christmas wish, that would be amazing! Period due today as in end of your first cycle or day 1? Fingers crossed if it's the former!!

Veganmedic Tue 19-Jun-18 20:03:46

Cycle is around 40 days. Cd 17 today. Not too bad compared to others. Opks currently have two lovely lines but test line not as dark so not ovulating yet but maybe soon. Promised DP I wouldn’t obsess-my stupid beepy thermometer woke him up at 6 yesterday and he just gave me a weary look grin

Doglady28 Tue 19-Jun-18 20:21:26

@Pebblesandblamblam
End of first cycle although as my period 28 days ago was my first one off the pill I can't be sure if that was a withdrawal bleed or a normal period. I'm just waiting for this period so I can start to track the cycle.
In an ideal world is like to have a first scan by Xmas so I can share the was Xmas day 😂😂 probably a bit optimistic though

Pebblesandblamblam Tue 19-Jun-18 23:07:03

@veganmedic that's so funny! I tracked my bbt for a while as was getting impatient not being able to ttc yet and I wanted to do something productive. Think my husband thought I was fairly mental with a thermometer in my mouth at 5.30am every morning smile Fingers crossed the opks help!

@doglady loving your optimism, that would be so special. I absolutely love Christmas, such a magical time! Really hope you get there, that would be getting your bfp in the next 3 months!!

Doglady28 Wed 20-Jun-18 06:24:40

@Pebblesandblamblam yes i know which is why I think it's a bit optimistic haha. Obviously I'm more interested in being healthy and conceiving without any stress and everything being good. If that takes us a year then that's ok. Just want my AF to arrive now. Although im now a day late so am wondering whether to test 🙄

Pebblesandblamblam Wed 20-Jun-18 23:17:16

@doglady everything crossed for you if you do test!!!

Doglady28 Thu 21-Jun-18 06:22:23

Hiya. Caved this morning and did a test and it's a BFN which at 3 days late will be a pretty accurate result.
Actually willing AF to arrive now so I can move onto cycle 2.

Hope everyone else is going ok 😘

Littlegoth Thu 21-Jun-18 09:39:26

I’m 36. My cycles have been all over the place for the last year. I had a mc in May (less than a week after surprise bfp). On day 3 of first AF since and hoping for some more predictable cycles from now on. Using OPK at the moment and got a positive opk on day 21, AF bang on cue 2 weeks later. Fingers crossed for us all x

Pebblesandblamblam Thu 21-Jun-18 18:22:30

@doglady sorry to hear that but good you're feeling positive about getting on with cycle 2, may take your body a little while to adjust to coming off the pill. Bring on AF!

@littlegoth I am so sorry for your loss, how terribly sad. Good that the opks are working for you, I've heard mixed reviews but will definitely try them too if we don't get anywhere. It's crazy how small the window of opportunity is so anything helps I guess. If only there was a test to give you a heads up 2 days before ovulation! Hope AF done for you soon so you can get on.

Pebblesandblamblam Sat 23-Jun-18 00:04:30

Day 1 of being able to dtd...come back into bedroom from brushing my teeth and DH fast asleep. Will start tomorrow then I guess! grin

Doglady28 Tue 26-Jun-18 06:39:20

How are we all doing? I still have no AF and in on cycle day 36 now so a test would show as positive by now surely? BFN this morning because I decided to test again.
Hurry up AF I want my cycle back!
Anyone else had a similar problem coming off the pill? Last period was 22nd May and that was 2 weeks after stopping the pill.

Will give it another week and if still no sign I'll do one more test I guess?

Any advice?
Xxx

79andnotout Tue 26-Jun-18 10:56:50

Hi @Doglady28 - it took a year for my cycles to settle after coming off the pill, so I'd suggest it's likely that causing the delay. Hopefully yours don't take as long to settle as mine.

I found the podcasts here quite informative: fertilityfriday.com/

Doglady28 Thu 28-Jun-18 06:33:42

Thanks @79andnotout
AF has now arrived. My cycle was 36 days so will see what this cycle brings. I'm in no rush to conceive so happy to be patient just now. Was just getting frustrated that I was so late but getting BFNs
Onwards with this cycle now and try and relax and just enjoy DTD with hubby lots 😂

Pebblesandblamblam Thu 28-Jun-18 08:04:40

@doglady my first cycle after stopping the pill was 33 days so not too dissimilar. Glad you don't have to keep wondering now! We're trying to dtd every other day but my DH has already joked that I'm pressuring him into sex grin Didn't think I'd ever hear that complaint! But I totally get that there now feels like an agenda rather than just having fun...

How's everyone else doing?

79andnotout Thu 28-Jun-18 09:39:47

Hi @Doglady28 - sounds like a good plan. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: