Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

How early can a hospital urine pregnancy test detect pregnancy??

(2 Posts)
Mummylaura1988 Wed 13-Jun-18 22:21:21

So basically I had to go to hospital on Friday due to a work related incident and they did the standard routine urine test to check i wasn't pregnant (which came back negative) however my cycles are all over the place and I'm unsure on when I ovulate although I had the symptoms that I ovulate later this month and my monthly hasn't arrived still yet (which isn't uncommon for me) however last month I had a 36 day cycle which is the earliest it's been for some time so I presumed my body was starting to sort itself out. However I am now on day 40 and showing no signs of coming on although last week had the sore boobs etc.

Could there be a chance I caught pregnant and the urine test was done too early for it to show? How sensitive are these tests?? Or am I just clutching at straws praying I'm pregnant when actually it's just not going to happen this month for us? Xx

unicorncow Thu 14-Jun-18 09:06:26

The hospital tests aren't very sensitive at all! I'd be getting a home test and using it. Good luck

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: