Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

How long do you wait to try again

(6 Posts)
Jenstro20 Wed 13-Jun-18 18:46:47

We got our BFP this month, but it wasn't meant to be and I miscarried. How long do you wait before trying again? The hospital said two weeks, and that fertility has a boost for the next 6 months. My GO said to wait for 3 months. Confused.

Megs87 Wed 13-Jun-18 20:28:18

If it helps I had a MMC in the June and conceived DC1 in the July, first cycle after the MMC. It made dating the pregnancy harder but everything was fine with the pregnancy.

I think it all depends on when you are ready. I bled for a week or so after so maybe give it a week or so to settle down xx

Megs87 Wed 13-Jun-18 20:29:52

@Jenstro20 sorry about your MC though, hope you are doing ok xx

Jenstro20 Wed 13-Jun-18 20:48:36

We were so worried we couldn't conceive without help, we never expected a miscarriage. But I do want to try again. I only have one tube due to a previous ectopic, so if there is a period where fertility is a bit better, I don't want to waste it. The Doctors originally said two weeks.

seven201 Wed 13-Jun-18 20:55:20

The advice used to be wait a cycle, but now it's just go for it when you're ready.

I pinned my hopes on the fertility boost thing and was really down when I didn't get pregnant again straight away. I'm on the third cycle since mc and feeling more positive again. My first cycle after was really really long and I was so fed up of sex! Second cycle was the shortest I've had for years so we stupidly missed the window. I was so annoyed at myself. My point is it can play havoc with your cycle or for other people see no difference whatsoever. Just be aware.

hoping2018 Thu 14-Jun-18 06:55:12

The advice is to wait s cycle but that's only so they can be sure of dates. Theres no risks to trying right away or higher rate of miscarriage. My sister has had 2 miscarriages - after the fort it took 7 months to get her next bfp and then it was a chemical, she then fell pregnant immediately after and she's 7 months pregnant now x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: