Talk

Advanced search

How long do you wait to try again

(6 Posts)
Jenstro20 Wed 13-Jun-18 18:46:47

We got our BFP this month, but it wasn't meant to be and I miscarried. How long do you wait before trying again? The hospital said two weeks, and that fertility has a boost for the next 6 months. My GO said to wait for 3 months. Confused.

Megs87 Wed 13-Jun-18 20:28:18

If it helps I had a MMC in the June and conceived DC1 in the July, first cycle after the MMC. It made dating the pregnancy harder but everything was fine with the pregnancy.

I think it all depends on when you are ready. I bled for a week or so after so maybe give it a week or so to settle down xx

Megs87 Wed 13-Jun-18 20:29:52

@Jenstro20 sorry about your MC though, hope you are doing ok xx

Jenstro20 Wed 13-Jun-18 20:48:36

We were so worried we couldn't conceive without help, we never expected a miscarriage. But I do want to try again. I only have one tube due to a previous ectopic, so if there is a period where fertility is a bit better, I don't want to waste it. The Doctors originally said two weeks.

seven201 Wed 13-Jun-18 20:55:20

The advice used to be wait a cycle, but now it's just go for it when you're ready.

I pinned my hopes on the fertility boost thing and was really down when I didn't get pregnant again straight away. I'm on the third cycle since mc and feeling more positive again. My first cycle after was really really long and I was so fed up of sex! Second cycle was the shortest I've had for years so we stupidly missed the window. I was so annoyed at myself. My point is it can play havoc with your cycle or for other people see no difference whatsoever. Just be aware.

hoping2018 Thu 14-Jun-18 06:55:12

The advice is to wait s cycle but that's only so they can be sure of dates. Theres no risks to trying right away or higher rate of miscarriage. My sister has had 2 miscarriages - after the fort it took 7 months to get her next bfp and then it was a chemical, she then fell pregnant immediately after and she's 7 months pregnant now x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: