Talk

Advanced search

Ovulation help!

(14 Posts)
Rmad6716 Wed 13-Jun-18 08:25:35

Cycle 6 TTC.

Ovulated CD19 last cycle and had been testing every day for a week to get my positive. Was a 32 day cycle. Last was 40 odd days and cycle before 50 odd days😴.

Had a lot of EWCM yesterday but I've had that for days before OV in previous cycles so thought I would test last night when home from work as I usually get a close to positive result. OPK was quite negative but still a faint line. I've tested a couple times last night and then this morning. Top test is from day before yesterday.

Basically do you think I've missed the boat? 😥

Had a family bereavement this week and not really been in the mood so haven't been DTD.

Thanks x

Rmad6716 Wed 13-Jun-18 08:43:01

Forgot to add pic !

Celebelly Wed 13-Jun-18 08:54:34

All those are really negative so if you've been doing them every day then I doubt you've missed it. You could just be ovulating later (and a family bereavement could delay your ovulation further if you are stressed). The only way to know if you've ovulated is by temping though.

Rmad6716 Wed 13-Jun-18 09:32:20

Thanks.

I tested every day from the week after my period last cycle but the first OPK I've done this cycle was on the 12th so that's why I'm worried I've missed it. My own fault really!

I must start temping also.

DaisyMay25 Wed 13-Jun-18 12:08:56

Hi OP try testing twice a day, late morning and evening. Never with fmu and after a good hold of at least tw

DaisyMay25 Wed 13-Jun-18 12:09:18

*two hours which nothing was drank as well

Rmad6716 Thu 14-Jun-18 11:55:41

Thanks guys.

I'm feeling so deflated today. Hoping that I haven't actually missed it sad.

This OPK is from 20 mins ago ( took your advice and didn't use FMU, held for few hrs) . I'm hoping it's going in the right direction and not just got slight colour from already ovulating. When I've done them in the past when I've not been close/ past OV they have looked stark white. Here's hoping it happens in the next couple of days or even later in cycle. Nothing worse than waiting a whole month again 😭.

Excuse the shady inside handbag pic - I did it at work lol

Rmad6716 Thu 14-Jun-18 11:56:30

Think it's maybe slightly darker than the last one in yesterday's pic..

Rmad6716 Thu 14-Jun-18 13:27:39

Anyone?

gossipgirl28 Thu 14-Jun-18 16:04:53

Hi

That OPK test is negative unfortunately

The line has to be as dark or darker than the control line.

X

8DaysAWeek Thu 14-Jun-18 16:16:38

I wouldn't scrutinise the test lines so closely when they are this faint. LH fluctuates all the time so you will get mild changes regardless of if you are approaching your surge or not.

For me the line is faint until a day before the surge where it goes considerably darker, until positive the next day. There is no buildup in darkness until then.

I don't think you've missed it. Keep testing!

8DaysAWeek Thu 14-Jun-18 16:18:05

What CD are you on? And what CD did you start testing?

Rmad6716 Thu 14-Jun-18 17:32:04

I'm on CD 19 (last months ovulation date) and started testing on CD 17 😣 - Purely just because of the family stuff this week etc.

Just worried my cycle is shorter that last month (32 days). It's been getting shorter each month after stopping the pill.

8DaysAWeek Thu 14-Jun-18 18:51:07

Ah I see sad you may have missed it then but there's no way of knowing now so if I was you I'd keep testing for the next week or so. If you take an average of your recent cycles then it's very likely you've still got a shot this month smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: