Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Sex on Cyclogest

(24 Posts)
Bobzybaby Sat 09-Jun-18 14:57:12

Hi! Just looking for a bit of advice from anyone who’s had to use Cyclogest pessaries.

I’ve experienced recurrent miscarriage so have been prescribed Cyclogest to take twice a day in the 7 days leading up to my period. I just started on Thursday. I generally insert one in the AM before leaving for work and one about 7pm. I’ve to use them vaginally.

It never occurred to me to ask if I can have sex while using the bullets?! I can’t see anything in the information leaflet either!

Thanks smile

Presh12345 Sat 09-Jun-18 15:07:47

We can be cyclogest buddies! I started today with them for 14 days or until period starts as my lining is so thin. Have read about side effects etc. Have you had any?? Also read, it's less messy for it to go in your bum.

Bobzybaby Sat 09-Jun-18 16:02:46

Hey bullet buddy! I got a couple of endometrial biopsies that showed high levels of natural killer cells so have to take them for the 7 days. If I then get a positive preggo test I use them to the end of week 12 (along with steroids shock). I’ve not had any side effects yet as such. Just have to wear a pad/liner as it’s a little ‘greasy’ down there blush. My doctor said to use them vaginally but I also read it’s less messy the other way! Do you have the option?

Have you to do 2 per day? If so, what times you doing?

Presh12345 Sat 09-Jun-18 16:35:44

Got DH to shove it up my ass earlier lol!! Bum seemed to suck it in straight away lol. Doc told me I could do it either way that it didn't matter. Haven't had any grease or anything and I'm sure it's now long gone. That was about midday. Will put one in before bed. DH was asking what route i was going with the 2nd one. Not sure yet.
My concern is that I already suffer badly with anal fissures and these up your bum apparently make you constipated! May have to change tactics!!!

Bobzybaby Sat 09-Jun-18 16:58:51

Lol, I had to use something similar once for piles and the butt does just seem to sook it right up! Between all the tests / internals and now this, I reckon I'm an old hand at the whole 'no dignity' thing grin

I'll maybe just risk some 'fun times' and put it in after.

I've read in other posts that some women do one insertion in the front and the 2nd in the back. You maybe alternate?

Presh12345 Sun 10-Jun-18 13:11:25

@bobzybaby how you doing? Got the 3rd one up my ass this morning!!!

Presh12345 Sun 10-Jun-18 13:12:35

And I'm with ya regarding the dignity thing!!

Bobzybaby Sun 10-Jun-18 13:17:16

Hallo! All good with me smile I changed the timing of my bullets to allow for some 'fun' last night and just put it in after.

Are you coping with them goin up the back? I suppose if you start to experience any issues you can just change to the front! Any side effects?

LisaSimpsonsbff Sun 10-Jun-18 13:17:52

I took cyclogest after recurrent miscarriage too (and, for the little this counts for as it may have been coincidence, this pregnancy stuck). I did the second pessary last thing at night anyway as I found it stayed in better then - so I just put it in after sex (and after my post-sex wee!) on relevant days.

I found that the back passage was less messy but after a few days it started to make me sore so had to switch back to inserting it vaginally.

Bobzybaby Sun 10-Jun-18 15:11:19

Lisasimpsonsbff that's amazing, congratulations! So, did you only take the Cyclogest for one cycle and fall pregnant?

I'll maybe just start putting my second one in at bed time. I thought It was best to space it out more evenly but I don't know that it matters that much!

LisaSimpsonsbff Sun 10-Jun-18 15:39:55

I took it for three cycles (from 7dpo, like you), and on the third one fell again - now 35 weeks, so not quite there yet but obviously much, much further than I ever got before! Was it also Coventry that prescribed it for you? I didn't have elevated NK cells so I was just on progesterone, no steroids.

BowKay Sun 10-Jun-18 15:52:36

Hmm sex on cyclogest is what led my DH to nickname me "Chalky".

Bobzybaby Sun 10-Jun-18 21:43:27

@LisaSimpsonsbff yeah I went to Coventry! Was a mission as I'm in Glasgow. My first biopsy came back 'normal' but my 2nd came back as 'high' levels. How did you find the biopsies? I have honestly never experienced pain like it. Had to get gas and air as well as Diazepam the 2nd time round as I was a wreck! A lot of what I've read though suggested most women find it no problem at all.

35 weeks is awesome, you're nearly there! Brilliant news 

@BowKay genuinely lol'd at that comment!

Presh12345 Wed 13-Jun-18 09:49:54

How you doing @bobzybaby??

Bobzybaby Wed 13-Jun-18 13:04:37

@Presh12345 I'm doing good thanks! Last day on the bullets today and need to test tomo. Defo not getting preggo vibes though so think I'll be doing this again next month!

How you getting on? Any side effects yet? The only thing I've been experiencing is major tiredness. I didn't realise that was a side effect. Only really hit yesterday. Having said that, my period is due so could be a combination of things!

Presh12345 Wed 13-Jun-18 15:41:35

I'm tired too but just put that down to work and heat (it's 47 degrees here). I have noticed however I have such an achey right boob. I'm rather big in that department and i squished it last week in bed. I have then been poking and prodding all week because I started thinking bad things and worrying and now with the progesterone, that could cause it too. I'm short and snappy at DH although he is doing things to wind me up the past few days!!!

Bobzybaby Wed 13-Jun-18 23:02:01

@Presh12345 now you mention it, my boobs have also been a bit sore but I just put it down to the gym (I'm also 'blessed' in that department!) There's just so many different things that can cause symptoms I just don't know what is causing what confused

I think you're right though, it's been unseasonably warm here as well which probably hasn't helped!

Does your DH take it well? I've got to say, mine is a star. I was literally like a stroppy toddler earlier because I was tired and hungry!

Presh12345 Thu 14-Jun-18 13:54:29

How did you get on today? Did you test?

Bobzybaby Thu 14-Jun-18 17:32:13

@Presh12345 Hey, yeah I tested negative. I was expecting it but you can't help that teeny bit of hope! Period hasn't arrived today yet and I'm never late, but, I was reading that Cylogest can delay it.

You got about a week or so to go before you test?

Presh12345 Thu 14-Jun-18 17:46:36

Oh no. Sorry to hear that. It's shit. Yes, AF due next Friday. I was wondering if we aren't successful, does that mean because of cyclogest, we will have a shitty, long, heavy period??

Bobzybaby Thu 14-Jun-18 19:15:53

@Presh12345 I was wondering the same thing! If the cylogest is to boost the lining surely that means all the more to come away?! My periods are bad enough as it is!

I barely slept last night knowing I had to do the test this morning. It's that feeling of just wanting to know one way or the other! Now I just want my period to come so I can start again.

I hope a day comes when my whole life doesn't revolve around counting down the days of the month lol!!

Bobzybaby Mon 18-Jun-18 07:32:46

@Presh12345 just to reassure you that the period is just as it normally is! How you getting on?

Presh12345 Fri 22-Jun-18 09:20:47

Hey @bobzybaby how's things? I'm due AF today and so far nothing. Just wondering if the cyclogest has put it off. Did a test 5 days and 3 days ago and both were BFN. Can't help but keep hoping but reckon I'm out.

Presh12345 Fri 22-Jun-18 09:21:37

Temps seem to be rising still too

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: