Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Spotting

(7 Posts)
fuzzywuzzy Wed 23-May-18 20:04:36

I’ve recently got a BFP.

Those of you who had spotting in early pregnancy, how long did it last. Did you have cramps as well?

I keep freaking out everything was fine and then the day after my period is due I start spotting, kind of brown tinged mucus when I wipe and on underwear (so sorry about TMI) I did have a strong BFP line on a HPT today, I used IC’s.

I’m so scared, I was prescribed cyclogest in my last pregnancy for the first trimester which thankfully lead to a successful pregnancy and gorgeous baby. Should I ask my GP for cyclogest again this pregnancy, should I ask for an early scan just in case?

I’ve had five MC’s including a really traumatic MMC right before I had my baby. I’m really scared and not thinking straight.

Any advice very greatfully received.

Owlpatrol Wed 23-May-18 22:00:11

Hi I've been having spotting for 5 days by spotting I mean very pale brown when I wipe and on knickers occasionally but no bfp yet I'm sort of expecting at anytime which is due tomorrow or Friday so eagerly watching this thread for any updates! What's your spotting like and what dpo are You? I've used an ic yesterday and was negative sad

fuzzywuzzy Wed 23-May-18 22:06:45

I’m 12 dpo, I’ve had a bfp. Spotting is light brown.

Do you normally get spotting? Might be worth testing again tomorrow when your periods due. Fingers crossed for you.

Owlpatrol Thu 24-May-18 11:07:11

Af came with avengence sad

Lilly1207 Thu 24-May-18 11:49:08

Hi had quite a heavy bleed with clotting at 6+5. No pain or cramping. It was terrifying! All ok though and it stopped completely within 24 hours.

FoxyRoxy Thu 24-May-18 11:53:47

@fuzzywuzzy if you were on progesterone before I'd make an appt asap and ask for it again, do you have a short luteal phase or low progesterone? Why were you given it before? Xx

fuzzywuzzy Thu 24-May-18 12:01:10

Owl I'm so sorry. Figners crossed for your next cycle. xx

Foxy I was perscribed progesterone as I had repeat early miscarriages, they tested for blood clotting disorders but that wasn't a problem so they perscribed progesterone and miraculously I had DD safely.
I'm trying to see my GP but I cant get an appointment for another two weeks, I think that would be too late. I'm going to keep trying to see my GP or go to my EPAU if I have no joy and am still spotting tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: