Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Trying to get pregnant

(12 Posts)
MMRG Fri 27-Apr-18 02:22:08

hi, i just wonder'd if any other ladies have tryed to concieve after taking the pill cezarette?
I really want to become a mum, I feel that at the moment is the only thing missing in my life. I just came off the pill 3 days ago and I’m wondering how long it takes to get pregnant or if anyone had some issues? Should I go to my GP ?

Stephisaur Fri 27-Apr-18 08:46:14

Hello! Welcome smile

I came off cerazette Mid February, had my withdrawal bleed a couple of days later (which was quite heavy and lasted 4 days).

I had a short 23 day cycle where I don’t think I ovulated, and had a very light 4 day period. The next month, I ovulated and got pregnant smile I’m 6 weeks at the moment.

Good luck smile

3stonedown Fri 27-Apr-18 08:48:16

I came off it and took 6 weeks to have a withdrawal bleed. Fell pregnant on the first proper cycle so it was about 10 weeks from stopping pill to BFP

Mumlife101 Fri 27-Apr-18 13:50:31

These ladies got pregnant very quickly & are in the minority OP. That's not saying you won't fall just as quickly but you also might not & thats 100% normal too, anything up to a year is seen as normal as you only have a 20% chance of concieving every month even if everything is fine. I don't think there would be any reason to see a GP right now, just wait for your withdrawal bleed then when that stops considering yourself TTC... good luck! flowers

Ikeepbuyinganimals Fri 27-Apr-18 18:10:15

Came off it at the end of January and still waiting for success. It's hard not to get too obsessive about the whole ttc thing straight away but keeping your mind occupied whilst waiting for withdrawal bleed is a good start!

Spottyyellowdress Fri 27-Apr-18 18:12:13

Came off it two years ago. Took a year to get periods to a regular cycle, but come back very different, painful and heavy. Been trying properly for 10 months and not pregnant yet.

SoyDora Fri 27-Apr-18 19:28:37

I came off it when TTC no 1. Took 6 months for periods to go back to normal and 13 months to conceive.
I haven’t been back on hormonal contraception since DC1, and DC2 and 3 (currently pregnant) were conceived on 1st and 2nd cycles.

Wellthisunexpected Fri 27-Apr-18 20:12:14

I got pregnant first month off, twice. But my friend is 18months in and still not pregnant, periods only became regular 12 months after.

Can go either way.

Wames90 Fri 27-Apr-18 20:24:03

Hey @MMRG
Like the others have said it’s very mixed! I came off Cerazette in October and didn’t have a proper period until January but haven’t been regular since then. Everyone’s completely different. When I mentioned to a nurse about coming off the pill she just said to take folic acid but that the GP wouldn’t make any onward referrals until I had been actively trying for a year. I hope you have no issues conceiving and it happens nice and quickly for you!
Xx

MMRG Fri 27-Apr-18 21:31:09

Thank you very much for all your answers!! I will try to not get obcessed over it, and see how it goes! Xx

Justposting Fri 27-Apr-18 21:38:21

First time round took about 18months for regular cycles to return, after trying again pregnant within the first 2 months of taking the last pill

Liverbird77 Sat 28-Apr-18 11:02:57

Came off it in August last year. Had my first bleed 27 days later. I've had a cycle of 26-27 days regularly ever since. I don't ovulate regularly though and we haven't had any luck with conception as yet. Bottom line...everyone is different. I don't think I will ever go back on the pill though, as it made me question how it was affecting my body. Again, that's just my personal choice.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: