Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

STOP! Yammer time. 🍠

(994 Posts)
SparkwoodAnd21 Tue 17-Apr-18 21:19:31

New thread!

SparkwoodAnd21 Tue 17-Apr-18 21:20:53

Yammer rules:

A safe place for those of you who have been trying to conceive for 6+ months and even yams aren’t helping. Come and have a good ol’ bitch and a moan without judgement. Please read the rules before posting!

The Yam Commandments are as follows;

- Thou shalt not arrive one day and post BFP next day

- Thou shalt not give advice to others when TTC for one month only

- Thou shalt not participate in one-up-manship and realise TTC is shit for everyone in different ways

- Thou shall allow posters to be fucked off with the world and everything in it at regular points in the month

- Thou shalt not be offended by strong language

- Thou shalt not tell everyone to eat yams

- Thou shall accept being called a muppet for testing at 7dpo at 9pm at night

And most importantly...

- Thou shalt not symptom spot during the two week wait and must be prepared for a telling off if you do so.

NEW RULE ALERT!

-Thou shalt not post pictures of positive pregnancy tests. We will be delighted to hear about it but no photos, please and thank you

Bubblegum89 Tue 17-Apr-18 21:24:54

Checking in 👍🏻 Again...

SoozC Tue 17-Apr-18 21:36:53

And me, Bubble. Can you believe thread 7 and we're still here?!

LOVE the title though, well done, Sparks!

starwishing Tue 17-Apr-18 21:37:53

Love the title xx

Paranormalbouquet Tue 17-Apr-18 21:45:35

Hello all! You’ve been busy this evening, shall have to catch up!

Bubblegum89 Tue 17-Apr-18 22:00:13

I’m telling you, I’m going to be here for thread 107 Sooz although I hope you won’t be following me there!

Owlpatrol Tue 17-Apr-18 22:00:14

@starwishing ooh good luck with the job hunt! I stopped looking for a job last year then got a job and I'm still fed up. And I only bloody get statutory may leave no joke I might as well leave and go and do something I really want to do....and in that time I'm still not pregnant!
@SoozC i was so close go grabbing a bottle of wine tonight been so fed up all day and dh not helping at all meh!

FairyAnn Tue 17-Apr-18 22:04:26

Brilliant title!

WhereDoLostSocksGo Tue 17-Apr-18 22:07:37

well i inspired this thread under an old user name so ill join in. (it was my moany thread originally!)

2 years ttc after tfmr at 16 weeks. too old really at 46 but ill come along for the ride.

Bubblegum89 Tue 17-Apr-18 22:14:28

Ooh socks how mysterious, can you reveal your true identity..? Sorry to hear you’ve been ttc for so long sad

SoozC Tue 17-Apr-18 22:14:44

Sorry you're back, Socks, but welcome! We're still here, moaning away but getting some great support (and hearing tmi from Bubble half the time wink).

Cramps just above my public hairline, still 9dpo... Really gotta stop looking for symptoms that aren't really there!

SoozC Tue 17-Apr-18 22:16:38

Bubble, you still got the original thread in your watching list? I have, reckon I know who it is! (Love a mystery, thanks Socks!)

Bubblegum89 Tue 17-Apr-18 22:21:46

Probably Sooz but my watch list is about 4000 threads long 😂 and I promise that I will not be so tmi in this thread, Brownies honour.

I get paid tomorrow and I can’t wait to buy loads of crap I don’t need to cheer myself up after this shit-show of a cycle. Which I’m still on by the way because even the tiny bit of brown cm I had today has now vanished into nothing. Suggestions for things to buy that I absolutely don’t need and definitely don’t have money to waste on?

WhereDoLostSocksGo Tue 17-Apr-18 22:25:49

i cant remember my user name then but i started a thread on here 'does anyone just want to moan' and it took off! and this lovely thread ladies is the result! im not complaining - seems i found a niche!

i have two grown up kids. got pg at 44 and lost her at around 16 weeks due to chromosomal abnormality.
now 46 and thinking "not a chance" but seen a few threads on here lately that give hope,
so here i am.
moaning away. yam or no yam.

WhereDoLostSocksGo Tue 17-Apr-18 22:27:23

this thread and the yams before it....

Bubblegum89 Tue 17-Apr-18 22:29:03

I think I might know who you are, socks that’s awful about your loss sad did you get any tests done? I know that the NHS have a cut off point but not sure what the age bracket is. Also thank you for starting the original thread, I think we all keep each other sane in a world of ttc madness. Sorry you found yourself back here flowers

Si1ver Tue 17-Apr-18 22:32:14

Love the new title but how are we on thread seven already? Clearly it's more people joining us and not time passing 🙄

WhereDoLostSocksGo Tue 17-Apr-18 22:33:46

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/2999450-anyone-else-just-fucked-off-with-this-lark-and-want-to-moanhttp://www.argos.co.uk/product/5428508

there you go.still fucked off and still moaning.

grin

glad this took on a life of its own. seems there was more than just me needing to offlload!

thank you bubblegum
im fine. im sane ish.
im still not pg.
i doubt it will be now tbh but ill join in. no tests - it was cut and dried and pretty sure was down to my age really.

starwishing Tue 17-Apr-18 22:34:16

@Bubblegum89 different Nhs services will have different dates. I will no longer have any treatment now my plan is finished because I am 35 and now considered too old. I'll have to gonprivate now

Bubblegum89 Tue 17-Apr-18 22:40:43

Si1ver yes that’s definitely it, not us gabbing too much at all... 🙄

Socks I remember and I remember the thread well! And well I think sane-ish is about as good as it gets round here

Starwishing 35 is too old?? That’s crazy

starwishing Tue 17-Apr-18 22:48:01

@Bubblegum89 I also have another child so I guess it's not fair me getting help anyway. I'm fed up of people reminding me how lucky I am so they can all shove their head up their bum. I'll do this by myself! F**k 'em 😂

Justwaitingforaline Tue 17-Apr-18 22:55:13

Checking in!

I am very much enjoying the new rule!

How is it thread 7 already?

Bubblegum89 Tue 17-Apr-18 23:00:26

Starwishing the whole “at least you have a child” thing drives me crazy. Yes, I am very fortunate. Doesn’t stop me going through the exact same emotions as anyone else who is ttc. Plus my OH has no biological children. I tend to just smile and then slag them off later lol. In Scotland you can get three tries at IVF on the NHS even if you, your partner or both of you have children already. Considering moving...

starwishing Tue 17-Apr-18 23:14:45

@Bubblegum89 ohhhh that's interesting. I'll move if we have nothing happen in another year. My OH might not go for it but as a temporary measure he might...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: