Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Help! 2 positives 2 negatives...

(50 Posts)
mai5x Mon 16-Apr-18 13:42:12

I put a thread up not long ago about a (false) positive Sainsburys test. I got two positivies, then got a FRER and a Waitrose own and got 2 negatives...

I had my 'withdrawal bleed', as I'm on Dianette, this was about 2 weeks late, very light and only lasted 2-3 days, on and off...

I've now been sick twice, at random times of the day. It's come on all of a sudden, I've been sick and then felt absolutely fine!

Can anyone shed light on this and let me know if they've had similar experiences, WTF is going on with my body?!?!?!

Muffin7 Mon 16-Apr-18 13:56:02

I am no expert, but I have been told that positives are more often that not correct, whereas negatives can be incorrect more often. Is your period late?

mai5x Mon 16-Apr-18 14:07:02

Apparently Sainsburys are notorious for false positives.

I had my 'period' which only lasted about 2-3 days and was very light, only a bit of red blood, mostly brown and kept stopping and starting..

Stephisaur Mon 16-Apr-18 14:23:43

I'd be more inclined to trust the FRER to be honest.

Just to clarify... have you had both a withdrawal bleed and a 'period' since coming off the pill, or just the one light bleed?

mai5x Mon 16-Apr-18 14:28:22

Yeah I would definitely trust the FRER over the Sainsburys, but two false positivies seems strange!

No, just one light withdrawal bleed, this was one to two weeks late though and very light

DaisyDoo80 Mon 16-Apr-18 14:33:35

Have you tested again? Am assuming your 4 tests were quite close together and a few weeks ago?

mai5x Mon 16-Apr-18 14:36:07

Last test I took was the 3rd April - AF arrived on the 6th, ended on the 9th...

Would it be worth taking another test, or waiting to see if next withdrawal bleed shows up on time?

Stephisaur Mon 16-Apr-18 14:47:02

Your withdrawal bleed is not the same as AF.

The withdrawal bleed is the same as any bleed you had while on the pill, and does not bear any relevance to your actual monthly cycle sad

You could take another test just to put your mind at ease, but I wouldn't say you're due an actual period until the 4th of May (ish) which would be 28 days from the first day of your last bleed.

I got really bad nausea before my first proper period after the pill (so the bleed after the withdrawal bleed) and was convinced I was pregnant, but I don't actually believe I ovulated that cycle. Unfortunately our bodies just do weird things sad

seven201 Mon 16-Apr-18 14:47:56

I'd do another test just because otherwise I'd be constantly thinking 'but am I?'

mai5x Mon 16-Apr-18 14:49:52

I am still on the pill, I was diagnosed with PCOS and Dianete helps to calm down symptoms. I missed a few pills in the month, sickness, leaving them at home for a weekend away etc... just not been very good at taking them.

Just want to know whats happening, I'm not a fan of the nausea at all haha! x

mai5x Mon 16-Apr-18 14:52:54

Any test would show up now wouldn't it?!

mai5x Mon 16-Apr-18 15:39:11

seven201 - that's exactly how I feel, but its put a doubt in my mind as I had what I thought was my withdrawal bleed....

mai5x Mon 16-Apr-18 17:33:35

Just got my hands on a FRER... negative, can see a shadow but sure that's the indent line where the dye is suppose to settle!

Usernamechangedagain Mon 16-Apr-18 17:50:28

confused I see a second line

mai5x Mon 16-Apr-18 17:54:42

Really?!

Usernamechangedagain Mon 16-Apr-18 18:00:30

I’m sorry but I do. It’s been a while but I’ve taken hundreds of frers and I’ve only ever seen a second line, faint or otherwise, on a truly positive test. I didn’t know indent lines existed unless you pulled the test open.

mai5x Mon 16-Apr-18 18:30:15

No it definitely wasn't opened! It's in the bin now! Can't even dig it out to have another look haha

mai5x Mon 16-Apr-18 20:47:09

Can anyone else see a second line?!

winterwarmers Mon 16-Apr-18 20:55:12

yes i see something

Skyechasemarshalontheway Mon 16-Apr-18 21:05:39

I can see it to.

JustLayingOnTheSofa Mon 16-Apr-18 21:30:37

I see a second line too

SleepFreeZone Mon 16-Apr-18 21:32:37

I’d be digging that test out 🤭

mai5x Mon 16-Apr-18 21:34:09

Oh god, it was in the bin in the toilets at work! No hope now haha!

Thought it would be be a much stronger line if I was 1-2 weeks late, or what could that bleed have been?! I'm so confused now.. I thought that was a negative!

Bubblegum89 Mon 16-Apr-18 21:34:45

I can’t see a second line... FRER’s are the most sensitive of the tests but if you’ve had positives on other tests then it’s possible you’re pregnant. How do you know your positives were false? False positives are quite rare and especially two of them.

mai5x Mon 16-Apr-18 21:37:31

They were very very faint, and the line wasn't the full thickness. They were Sainsbury's blue dye tests and I've read so many times that blue dyes are notorious for false positives!

Just confused with what's going on sad

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: