Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

When to test

(6 Posts)
Pindlesandneedles Sun 18-Mar-18 12:07:32

Hi, I’m after some advice please. I haven’t had my periods back since having my daughter as I’ve been BFing her. Last Friday so 9 days ago we had unprotected sex and wondering if I might be pregnant. I’ve been experiencing symptoms although I really want to be pregnant so might be reading too much into things. Would it be too early to test now, should I wait till next weekend? Any advice would be great, thank you!!!

Mammabear31 Sun 18-Mar-18 13:16:14

General rule of thumb is to wait 2 weeks from conception, although if you are feeling inpatient a FRER might show results around Tuesday/Wednesday (if positive).

I hope you get the result you want flowers

Pindlesandneedles Sun 18-Mar-18 13:50:17

Thank for the advice. I’ll try and wait till next weekend. Probably should be more careful till I get AF back or I’ll be driving myself crazy and spending a fortune on test!!

Pindlesandneedles Sun 18-Mar-18 13:50:41

*tests

anotherchangetomyname Sun 18-Mar-18 18:51:33

To be honest, 9 days from sex is too early to test, and to get symptoms. Implantation takes place around 6 - 10 days from sex/ conception so unlikely to get a positive until 11/12 days after but for a clear result wait 2 weeks.

Fingers crossed for you.

Pindlesandneedles Sun 18-Mar-18 19:15:07

Thanks another, I know I’m reading too much into things. Just wishful thinking probably but I’ll wait till next weekend when I’ll get a definite yes or no.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: