Talk

Advanced search

When to test

(6 Posts)
Pindlesandneedles Sun 18-Mar-18 12:07:32

Hi, I’m after some advice please. I haven’t had my periods back since having my daughter as I’ve been BFing her. Last Friday so 9 days ago we had unprotected sex and wondering if I might be pregnant. I’ve been experiencing symptoms although I really want to be pregnant so might be reading too much into things. Would it be too early to test now, should I wait till next weekend? Any advice would be great, thank you!!!

Mammabear31 Sun 18-Mar-18 13:16:14

General rule of thumb is to wait 2 weeks from conception, although if you are feeling inpatient a FRER might show results around Tuesday/Wednesday (if positive).

I hope you get the result you want flowers

Pindlesandneedles Sun 18-Mar-18 13:50:17

Thank for the advice. I’ll try and wait till next weekend. Probably should be more careful till I get AF back or I’ll be driving myself crazy and spending a fortune on test!!

Pindlesandneedles Sun 18-Mar-18 13:50:41

*tests

anotherchangetomyname Sun 18-Mar-18 18:51:33

To be honest, 9 days from sex is too early to test, and to get symptoms. Implantation takes place around 6 - 10 days from sex/ conception so unlikely to get a positive until 11/12 days after but for a clear result wait 2 weeks.

Fingers crossed for you.

Pindlesandneedles Sun 18-Mar-18 19:15:07

Thanks another, I know I’m reading too much into things. Just wishful thinking probably but I’ll wait till next weekend when I’ll get a definite yes or no.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: