Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Flashing smiley opk but no positive!!

(8 Posts)
OrangeSmartie90 Tue 13-Mar-18 20:12:13

Anyone else had this with clear blue flashing smiley - dual hormone test? I feel likes it's mocking me sad all I'm hoping is that my cycles are reverting back to really long ones like I had before I was on the pill (I have 'mild' PCOS) so there's a chance I will still ovulate. I am currently CD 23 and have got flashing smileys for the past 8 days 😩

TheImprobableGirl Tue 13-Mar-18 20:18:43

Probably no help but I had flashing smileys for 18 days in a row... then had no period for 3 months? I have been trying for 2 years and still nothing

TheImprobableGirl Tue 13-Mar-18 20:19:52

Sorry, just to add please don't have sympathy, I already have two dd's - so it is secondary (thirdary) infertitlity, but just to let you know that if you don't ovulate then you just won't get a static face.

Hope137 Tue 13-Mar-18 20:38:00

I had something similar! I used them for the first time this cycle and got 10 flashing smileys before I got a solid smiley (peak) on CD24. At that point I thought it had missed the LH surge or I just wasn't going to ovulate, so I was completely shocked when I got the peak reading.

I know it's really frustrating so sorry you're going through this too.

MrsO28 Wed 14-Mar-18 08:41:59

I started getting flashing smileys three days ago. Should I still test once a day as per the instructions or should I be doing more to see if I get a static smiley?
First month using clear blue, never got a proper positive on OPK IC.
Not sure what to do?

McTufty Wed 14-Mar-18 08:46:26

I had 8 flashing smileys the month I conceived!

You keep using them as normal every day up to day 10. If no static after day 10 it is recommended to stop using them that cycle. I don’t know how PCOS affects that advice sorry but hopefully you’ll get a static in next two days.

mrsO not a lot you can do, other than possibly use an internet cheapie mid afternoon as well in case you get a very short surge. Some people do. I know 2 people who conceived in a month they got no static so surge must have been and gone between testing.

Bobbiepin Wed 14-Mar-18 11:45:34

Got the flashy smiley and no solid smiley face the month I conceived. It can be done! Keep DTD. Good luck!

OrangeSmartie90 Wed 14-Mar-18 12:21:08

Thanks for replies ladies! Tested with a normal clear blue test - the pin know Ines and it was negative this morning.
I googled (never a good idea I know) but apparently once that opk test flashes with a smiley face it will keep flashing until you get a solid? It won't go back to a blank circle unless you don't use it for 48 hours? Anyone else heard this? I might have missed my LH surge then maybe? Grasping at straws here hmm

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: