Advanced search

Sperm Killers?!

(4 Posts)
Peachy92 Tue 13-Mar-18 15:46:16

TTC #1, cycle 9, 12DPO, AF/BFP due 16th March:

I've just read, somewhere on here (no idea which post it was to be honest) that SPIT kills sperm?! shock Is this true?...
I had NO idea this could be the case. I can't lie one of my abso faves about DTD involves spit... no prizes for guessing what that could be. Please tell me I haven't been ruining my own chances by indulging in the nicest part of sex for me?! And to be fair, my hubby sad

Stephisaur Tue 13-Mar-18 16:05:29

I did some research on this because I had a similar thought to you!

Apparently high levels of saliva inhibit sperm movement and may act as a type of spermicide, but from what I can gather there needs to be a LOT of it.

The general advice is that it's all good for days when you're not super fertile, but give it a pass on days you are actively TTC.

Peachy92 Tue 13-Mar-18 16:12:02

No kidding :/ I can't believe I didn't know this... Well thanks for clarifying for me @Stephisaur I shall try and limit us on those days to that standard baby dance! smile x

Pibbee Tue 13-Mar-18 16:34:45

My understanding is that it’s only a potential issue if the guy has low sperm count or his sperm had reduced motility - and even then, it’s only a potential issue and not a dead cert.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now