Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Sperm Killers?!

(4 Posts)
Peachy92 Tue 13-Mar-18 15:46:16

TTC #1, cycle 9, 12DPO, AF/BFP due 16th March:

I've just read, somewhere on here (no idea which post it was to be honest) that SPIT kills sperm?! shock Is this true?...
I had NO idea this could be the case. I can't lie one of my abso faves about DTD involves spit... no prizes for guessing what that could be. Please tell me I haven't been ruining my own chances by indulging in the nicest part of sex for me?! And to be fair, my hubby sad

Stephisaur Tue 13-Mar-18 16:05:29

I did some research on this because I had a similar thought to you!

Apparently high levels of saliva inhibit sperm movement and may act as a type of spermicide, but from what I can gather there needs to be a LOT of it.

The general advice is that it's all good for days when you're not super fertile, but give it a pass on days you are actively TTC.

X

Peachy92 Tue 13-Mar-18 16:12:02

No kidding :/ I can't believe I didn't know this... Well thanks for clarifying for me @Stephisaur I shall try and limit us on those days to that standard baby dance! smile x

Pibbee Tue 13-Mar-18 16:34:45

My understanding is that it’s only a potential issue if the guy has low sperm count or his sperm had reduced motility - and even then, it’s only a potential issue and not a dead cert.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: