Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

TTC after minera coil

(14 Posts)
bexmountford1986 Tue 13-Mar-18 15:44:32

Hey newbie here me and my partner have decided to try for a baby and I currently have the minera coil in I'm booked in for removal 28th match just wondering if anyone has any experience of ttc after minera, this will be baby number 4, 1st with my partner my other 3 were with my ex husband
Thanks to anyone who reads and replies

meme70 Tue 13-Mar-18 16:01:37

Mines bad so ore warning you before you read

I have 3 children with ex’s 22,18,13

I had Mirena 2005 then next one 2010

Married my now husband 2014 has it removed sept 2014

I was 44

Fell pregnant Jan 2015
Blood test confirmed it
MC 6 weeks

TTC immediately fell preg 14th Feb 2015

7 weeks has very bad hemorghing has scans seems I was having twins and lost one

Advised bedrest

Hemorghed 8 week 9 week 10 week

Baby was fine

Solid bedrest

Hemoraghing wasn’t explained

I had a huge bump could feel baby moving from 10 weeks

12 week scan baby me all 100%
Genetic blood tests all 100% worries as age

14 week scan 100% was under consultant as age

16 week scan it was a girl she was 100% normal moving waving

19.5 weeks I started to feel awful
Couldn’t eat 104 temp wouldn’t walk slept 18-20 hours a day
Consultant GP midwife all said pregnancy sickness
I said it’s not consultant prescribe me anti sickness meds I never took

20’weeks my waters broke they were brown
Went to hospital a doctor knew immediately I was very very ill

I had sepsis and can’t ghvw both as cervix won’t open
They left me 2 days in labour ward trying to induce me and in the end I was rushed into threater
I lost Lily 2 litres blood ended up in intensive care 2 placlet transfusions
6 blood unit transfusions

Discharged on to new born maternity unit !

Sent home 3 days later

Then 4 weeks later I started hemorghing again loads this was for 2 months until last time ambulance rushed me into resuss
3 more blood transfusions

It’s found if you ah w Mirena too long your body gets confused = hemoraghing
It only stopped as I had to have another and it’s still in

bexmountford1986 Tue 13-Mar-18 16:08:26

Thank you for your reply, I'm so sorry for the bad time you had it must of been awful, I've only had minera in for 6 months so I'm hoping it's not really effected my body much

meme70 Tue 13-Mar-18 16:13:23

All you can do is see but only 6 months in and younger than I was your probaky not at so much risk
Facebook has lots ttc groups
I did temp charts and clear blue ovulation sticks think that’s how I fell so quickly
Good luck

Freddiesgirl Tue 13-Mar-18 16:15:40

I had my mirena coil for 3 years, then conceived within a month of it being removed. Good luck!

Popadoodledoo Tue 13-Mar-18 16:23:24

Tmi so warning lol!!

Unbelievably my and dh was about to dtd and he felt something!!! It was my coil!! Haha he had to pull it out!! Luckily it was due out anyway.. but we conceived a month after.

PragmaticWench Tue 13-Mar-18 16:26:52

I had three mirena coils over ten years, had the last removed and got pregnant the following month. No issues although I'd expected to have to wait a while for my periods to return.

bexmountford1986 Tue 13-Mar-18 21:10:47

Thank you all for replying smile

Kirkwood87 Tue 13-Mar-18 22:21:24

Had the mirena removed about 28th December and fell pregnant straight away. I’m now almost 11 weeks.
I had it in about a year and a half too.
I’ve had issues with bleeding with this pregnancy however it’s due to having a subchorionic hematoma.
Good luck! smile

NoSuchThing Wed 14-Mar-18 02:03:27

I’ve had 3 Mirena gutted back to back. Removed last one in August 2016, started ttc January 2017, pregnant late May 2017. Sat here now with 6 week old on my lap. Took a short while for my periods to return, and were light and short all the time I was ttc (they had stoped completely

NoSuchThing Wed 14-Mar-18 02:05:39

..sorry... periods had stopped completely whilst I had the Mirena in. Good luck with ttc, remember to take a pain killer (paracetamol or ibuprofen) before removal.

Pixiedust2017 Wed 14-Mar-18 03:00:24

We conceived 3 months after coil removal.
It had been in for 4.5 years previously and my periods had stopped completely.
Little one is now asleep on me and is almost 3 months old. :-)

QueenofmyPrinces Wed 14-Mar-18 07:24:16

With my first pregnancy I’d had a coil for 4 years, had it removed and caught pregnant within 6 weeks.

For pregnancy number two I’d had the coil in for two years and then conceived a month after it was removed. That pregnancy unfortunately ended in a miscarriage though 2-3 weeks after getting my BFP.

bexmountford1986 Wed 14-Mar-18 07:54:13

Thank you so much for everyone giving me hope I think it's more scary for me as it's a new partner, so a completely new journey, without boring you all I came out of a 26 year extremely verbally abusive relationship and my current partner was literally my saviour so now we have decided to add to our family it's very exciting but scary at the same time

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: