Advanced search

Weird cycle

(7 Posts)
nottryingbuttrying Mon 12-Mar-18 20:56:14

Had copper coil removed in jan and haven't been using anything since but not tracking ov etc.
Usually my cycles can last anything upto 45 days with very heavy bleeding (probably to do with the coil) but I've never had light periods anyway.
So this month AF was 5 days late and when it did arrive (sat) it was the lightest period I've ever had as in I've only filled one regular tampon all together (sorry tmi) and now it's totally stopped but I've got EWCM!? What's that all about? Anybody experienced this before? I'm so confused.

dancinghen Mon 12-Mar-18 21:33:15

This has happened to me coming off the pill. Even though I've had a couple of normal periods since stopping, I barely had a period at all this month. Was less than a day of bleeding and was really light. I was absolutely convinced I must be pregnant. But no...

Guess it is just the body trying to sort itself out. Someone suggested on here that I may not have ovulated this past month and when I did some reading about that then I thought that probably was what happened.

nottryingbuttrying Mon 12-Mar-18 21:36:45

Hmm it's funny isn't it, I dontfor one minute think I'd get a BFP just never experienced such a short period, it's amazing this is the sort of period I could live with!
I had the copper coil so no hormones present and my last couple of cycles after having it removed were typical for me (heavy and long)

nottryingbuttrying Mon 12-Mar-18 21:37:32

Sorry to hear about your BFN though sad

dancinghen Mon 12-Mar-18 22:48:10

Yes it's strange. I had 4 seemingly normal cycles and then this odd one. Still not feeling right so don't know what is going on!

Tricky to know after the coil. I did have that once but my body was all over the place so would be harder for me to say. Did you have any other symptoms with the spotting?

physicskate Mon 12-Mar-18 22:58:40

I had 10 day murderfest periods on the copper coil. Now? 2-3 days and light!!

No hormones in copper coil but getting it removed changed my cycle big time.

nottryingbuttrying Tue 13-Mar-18 08:09:37

I had a bit of spotting mid cycle which isn't unusual for me.
Mine where like that too physics I hope this is what they'll be like from now on then! 🤞🏼

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now