Advanced search

Endless spotting but no period

(7 Posts)
ttctet Mon 12-Mar-18 16:10:00

I normally have a 26-27 day cycle, but sometimes it can be 25. I’m now on CD28.

On Friday (CD25) I had a small amount of spotting, so assumed my period was on the way. I do sometimes spot the day before. I did a test on Friday AM which was BFN (before spotting started)

But, still no sign of period. The amount of spotting I’ve had has been tiny, but definitely a little bit each day. It’s pale pink. It can’t be implantation spotting this late in my cycle, and especially not for four days, can it? I also had heavy, crampy feelings on Thursday and Friday, the kind you get on your first day of your period, but they have since disappeared.

Am I just having the worlds lightest period? Or is this just my body’s way of building up hope, just to bombard me with a late period...

I know I should just do a test, but I can’t face looking at another BFN...

longrd Mon 12-Mar-18 20:43:57

@ttctet I'm going through something similar I've had a little bit of light spotting. My period was due on Friday but hasn't arrived yet but I don't know if that's due to me taking cyclogest...I'm meant to take a PG test on Friday but I'm worried the delay is just giving me false hope.

dancinghen Mon 12-Mar-18 21:37:10

This is exactly what happened to me this past month. All BFNs. It's been a week since all the spotting and half a day of light bleeding but the proper AF never came. Still BFN.

Another poster suggested I may not have ovulated this past month and it makes sense now I've read up on that.

dancinghen Mon 12-Mar-18 21:38:27

@ttctet not to say that is the case for you and I don't want to dash any hopes. Maybe gives it a few days?

ttctet Tue 13-Mar-18 07:00:22

I was doing the Clearblue trial this past month and never got a peak fertility sign (just high fertility the whole time!) so that may well be the reason dancinghen!

Hope it’s better news for you long

PenguinDi Tue 13-Mar-18 08:30:42

@ttctet I had that in feb but I haven't tested since as I've had no symptoms of a bfp, my cycles are all over the place and I never know if I'm ovulating or not.

ttctet Tue 13-Mar-18 11:04:45

Ah my period has just started! An unusually long cycle then <rolls eyes>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now