Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Endless spotting but no period

(7 Posts)
ttctet Mon 12-Mar-18 16:10:00

I normally have a 26-27 day cycle, but sometimes it can be 25. I’m now on CD28.

On Friday (CD25) I had a small amount of spotting, so assumed my period was on the way. I do sometimes spot the day before. I did a test on Friday AM which was BFN (before spotting started)

But, still no sign of period. The amount of spotting I’ve had has been tiny, but definitely a little bit each day. It’s pale pink. It can’t be implantation spotting this late in my cycle, and especially not for four days, can it? I also had heavy, crampy feelings on Thursday and Friday, the kind you get on your first day of your period, but they have since disappeared.

Am I just having the worlds lightest period? Or is this just my body’s way of building up hope, just to bombard me with a late period...

I know I should just do a test, but I can’t face looking at another BFN...

longrd Mon 12-Mar-18 20:43:57

@ttctet I'm going through something similar I've had a little bit of light spotting. My period was due on Friday but hasn't arrived yet but I don't know if that's due to me taking cyclogest...I'm meant to take a PG test on Friday but I'm worried the delay is just giving me false hope.

dancinghen Mon 12-Mar-18 21:37:10

This is exactly what happened to me this past month. All BFNs. It's been a week since all the spotting and half a day of light bleeding but the proper AF never came. Still BFN.

Another poster suggested I may not have ovulated this past month and it makes sense now I've read up on that.

dancinghen Mon 12-Mar-18 21:38:27

@ttctet not to say that is the case for you and I don't want to dash any hopes. Maybe gives it a few days?

ttctet Tue 13-Mar-18 07:00:22

I was doing the Clearblue trial this past month and never got a peak fertility sign (just high fertility the whole time!) so that may well be the reason dancinghen!

Hope it’s better news for you long

PenguinDi Tue 13-Mar-18 08:30:42

@ttctet I had that in feb but I haven't tested since as I've had no symptoms of a bfp, my cycles are all over the place and I never know if I'm ovulating or not.

ttctet Tue 13-Mar-18 11:04:45

Ah my period has just started! An unusually long cycle then <rolls eyes>

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: