Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

I need to step away from Google!

(7 Posts)
VenusStarr Mon 12-Mar-18 08:32:05

I've diagnosed myself with a hormone imbalance! I'm worried my luteal phase is too short and come up with this after extensive knicker checking and boob prodding.

In reality I'm in my 3Rd month off the pill and know the most likely answer is my cycle is still trying to regulate.

Was feeling hopeful this month and I'm not out yet as Af hasn't arrived. I've had a tiny bit of pink spotting (which of course equalled implantation bleeding) then had some unusual snotty discharge yesterday which ovia told me was bang on for where I am in my cycle (yesterday day 24 - really is that normal??) then today some brown sludge the size of a 50p. So af likely to be here today or tomorrow which is consistent with the last couple of months of a 23-25 day cycle. I think I ovulate between day 12-14 based only on cm and cramps.

Massive case of overthinking and Google isn't my friend as I've scared myself now. I'm edging towards the wrong side of 35 and I'm worried. Rational brain and anxious overthinking brain are in conflict.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks like this?!

Stephisaur Mon 12-Mar-18 11:35:49

You're describing me to a T right now!

Currently on day 20 of my first cycle off the pill, so who knows what's happening lol. I could have ovulated on day 6 when my withdrawal bleed stopped (according to google) or on day 15 (which my clue app and some light cramping may suggest)

However, I've also had snotty discharge the last few days (which according to google pretty much means I'm either pregnant or there's something wrong with me) and AF isn't due until next Tuesday, assuming that my cycle is back to 28 days like it was pre-pill (possible as I got my withdrawal bleed almost immediately, according to my friend google!)

Add to that my blinding headache and nausea today and obviously I'm pregnant, it couldn't be anything else hmm

Time to step away I think lol!

dancinghen Mon 12-Mar-18 11:51:01

This is also an accurate description of me!! My DH always asks me "what does Dr google say?" because of my obsessive habits looking online. It doesn't always help!

I have been off the pill 5 months now. Was trying to give my body a break before we start TTC properly. So far, my cycles have been fairly erratic. Have been bleeding heavily one month and then barely spotting the next. I was sure I was pregnant this past month due to just a little spotting and no af, but am not. Think it just takes time to regulate. I know from looking on here that plenty of people get pregnant shortly after coming off the pill but I'm not sure it'll help you to watch your symptoms so closely as my hormones and cycles have been a bit chaotic. Doesn't mean you won't get pregnant quickly but I wouldn't think symptom spotting is a reliable indicator when your body is still trying to settle.

Pereie Mon 12-Mar-18 12:51:05

I drove myself crazy ttc. I am so impatient and didn't like not feeling in control.

In the end I bought OvuSense, and I can't tell you how much charting my temperature helped. Made me feel in control and able to understand what was happening with my body. Couldn't recommend it more tbh.

Came off the pill in July, BFP in November.

Best of luck x

VenusStarr Tue 13-Mar-18 18:55:53

Sorry for the late reply, I did come on and was really grumpy yesterday. Glad to have found people who think like me! (even though it's not a nice place to be).

I've decided to have this month off checking and try not to think about it. Am getting married next month and there's lots to focus on with that. Need to hide my app!!

Stephisaur Tue 13-Mar-18 19:54:01

Oh how exciting! Definitely focus on the wedding, it really will fly by! Congratulations smile

dancinghen Tue 13-Mar-18 20:38:18

Congratulations and good luck with the wedding!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: