Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

TTC, 2WW & drinking on honeymoon

(10 Posts)
WaitingforDaffodils Sat 10-Mar-18 19:34:55

My partner and I are finally ready to TTC next month - hooray!!! Next month also happens to be when our wedding and honeymoon are. I'll be 6 DPO when on our honeymoon. Typically, I'd have a few glasses of wine or a cocktail each day while on holiday.

However, I'm now worried I shouldn't drink during the 2ww in the highly, highly unlikely event we conceive first time! At the same time, it's the only honeymoon I'll ever have (here's hoping grin) and I'd like to enjoy it.

We've been waiting to TTC for a while now and as we're older - me 37, him 39 - I'm not keen on delaying for another month...

Should I abstain? Should I have a drink or two? Am I being wildly optimistic about my first TTC cycle (yes, obviously)?

GinaLinetti99 Sat 10-Mar-18 19:36:30

Honestly, just drink.

I know there is a school of thought of not drinking in the TWW... but most people just carry on as normal. Think of all the people who fall pregnant accidentally.

Enjoy your honeymoon. Have a fabulous time!

IWouldBeSuperb Sat 10-Mar-18 20:01:30

Are you me waiting?!

In exactly the same position, and my 2 week honeymoon will coincide exactly with my 2 week wait!

A great distraction - but, like you, I'm wondering whether I should take it easy on drinking etc...

Hoping lots of knowledgeable people come along and say don't worry about it!!

anotherchangetomyname Sat 10-Mar-18 20:13:47

Drink. Enjoy yourself. Honestly it makes absolutely fa difference to whether you'll conceive. I went on a hen weekend and 2 big nights out on my tww. DS is a strong healthy 2 yr old now.

The embryo gets all its nutrients for the yolk sac until about 6/8 weeks gestation. Do drinking at such an early stage, even if you are pregnant will do nothing.

PrettyWisdomous Sat 10-Mar-18 20:16:19

The embryo gets all its nutrients for the yolk sac until about 6/8 weeks gestation.

This! Enjoy yourself & congratulations wine

Piffpaffpoff Sat 10-Mar-18 20:18:49

Go for it. I had 3 Christmas nights out during my 2ww and it never occurred to me to not drink. And I do everything by the book normally!!

Primrose16 Sun 11-Mar-18 22:08:19

Drink. It’s your honeymoon

PrimeraVez Mon 12-Mar-18 05:31:50

Drink. I wouldn't give it a second thought. There's a saying 'drink until it's pink'. Seriously, it's your honeymoon, and unless you are planning on shooting up heroin and necking neat spirits 24/7, you (and any potential baby) will be fine. Enjoy!

WaitingforDaffodils Mon 12-Mar-18 23:23:23

Thanks everyone! I'll eat, drink and be merry!

Iwouldbesuperb congratulations on your wedding and TCC. I'll be raising a glass to you! wine wine wine

IWouldBeSuperb Tue 13-Mar-18 08:10:52

You too Waiting!! wine

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: