Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Anyone else going for no3?!

(78 Posts)
MrsY87 Thu 08-Mar-18 21:31:07

We've decided to ttc #3...DD is 3.5yo & DS is 6m. We've always wanted 3 so have decided to just go for it and see what happens! DD was conceived first go, DD took 9m & 2mc so who knows how long it will take this time! Anyone else ttcing #3?!

happytobemrsg Thu 08-Mar-18 21:35:41

No but will be ttc#2 soon. I'm quite anxious about it!

Mammac85 Thu 08-Mar-18 21:40:29

We will be ttc #3 this year not quite worked out when just yet. My dc are 7 & 6.

MrsY87 Thu 08-Mar-18 21:44:55

Happy - how old is your DC? I've found going from 1-2 much easier than people told me it would be! Don't get me wrong there are challenges but I've found more good times than bad!

Mammac - what's the gap between your DC? I do wonder if we're mad ttc again when DD is only 6m! grin

Mammac85 Thu 08-Mar-18 21:51:21

There is 14 months between them, everyone told me I was crazy having 2 so close together but it was the best thing I ever did, they are the best of friends and do everything together.
You do what you feel is right for you and your family and sod what everyone else says or thinks.

MrsY87 Thu 08-Mar-18 21:59:51

That's good to hear! My Bro & Sis are 51 weeks apart and it's the same they are so close, even still at 25 & 26! We're going for it, as I said who knows how long it will take! Any ideas when you'll start ttc for no3?

Mammac85 Thu 08-Mar-18 22:13:05

No unfortunately we haven't decided on the finer points of when yet. If it was up to DF we would start tomorrow grin

happytobemrsg Thu 08-Mar-18 22:53:13

@MrsY87 DS is currently 20 months. I'm really nervous because we have a great routine & he sleeps through. I'm dreading the night feeds again. But I keep reminding myself that I DEFINITELY want another baby at some point so I will have to do the whole night feed thing anyway, is just be delaying it

NoseringGirl Thu 08-Mar-18 23:06:05

We'll be starting TTC#3 in May.
DS1 is 4 and DS2 is 14 months. I'm also dreading the sleep deprivation, DS2 isn't reliably sleeping through yet. Both kids took nearly 18 months to conceive though so I don't have much faith in it happening quickly for us.

Wingingit321 Thu 08-Mar-18 23:12:34

We are. Have 2 boys 3 &5. On cycle 2. Cd 24. Currently spitting. V early for my period (pcos-longer cycles). So hoping it’s implantation bleeding

Waawaa Thu 08-Mar-18 23:18:57

Yep we are ttc #3, DS is 2.5 years and DD is 1.5 years. We had a chemical pregnancy in January, didn't conceive Feb and now cycle 3, cd 14 but I think I ovulated cd 12. It's such a mind boggle! x

Patienceofatoddler Thu 08-Mar-18 23:50:03

TTC no 3 here.

Been trying 6-7 months - one miscarriage and now on third cycle since then and so hoping it's our time.

DC1 is 3 and DC2 is 19 months - The age gap is growing the longer things take which puts pressure on as I had always envisioned them being close in age well closer than they will now be.

Wishing you the best of luck - 3 is a lovely number smile

MrsY87 Fri 09-Mar-18 06:13:15

Glad I'm not the only one going for no3...so many people tell me I'm crazy when I say I want a 3rd! Have you all always wanted 3?

DS isn't sleeping through either, I'm normally up at least once in the night but gathered we may as well go for it whilst we're in the thick of it 

Fx the spotting is positive @Wingingit321 how long did it take you to conceive your first 2?

@Waawaa Sorry for the chemical, I got a positive opk yest so must be at a similar point in my cycle to you, although I haven't actually had a period yet as only stopped bf 2 weeks ago.

@Patienceofatoddler sorry for your mc thankswe ended up with s bigger gap than I had always envisaged between DD & DS but I actually really like the gap but I remember that feeling of pressure when it's not happening as you expected it would. Did you conceive your 2 quickly?

Wingingit321 Fri 09-Mar-18 06:31:07

Pretty quick for the first 2. First or second cycle I j think. But not we have 2 kids and one of them sleeps in or bed which makes some things a little more difficult 😂

Patienceofatoddler Fri 09-Mar-18 08:20:56

@MrsY87 Morning - I have always wanted three children.

I am one of three and my husband from a even larger family.

I fell very quickly with 2 cycles with both my first which I think has made this more of a surprise.

I'm 2 stone lighter than I was with my first two as well hmm

I have had a couple of comments from people my youngest is now as old as eldest wasnt when she was born and it's abit of a kick in the stomach as 'I Know' - blush

Lovely to hear other ladies who are TTC no 3.

MrsY87 Fri 09-Mar-18 13:39:25

Well done on the weight loss that's a great achievement! Two babies has certainly taken its toll on my body, not necessarily weight wise but I'm very wobbly in places!

I hated the comments about when will no2 be along, you just want to yell, I'm trying don't you?! I'm quite open about wanting a 3rd so people are already asking me when that will be, I'm like leave me and my ovaries alone!! blush anyone I've hinted to that we'll have a close age gap then is like oh your crazy so you just can't win!

lrwe Fri 09-Mar-18 14:02:27

Hello! We’re busy trying for #3 onto cycle 3 as well so who knows maybe that will be our lucky one!

It’s certainly been our most planned one, opk, temping, we must have sex tonight. Not romantic but necessary!

At least I know for sure I’m in the TWW this month. And a good idea when my AF is due.

Oh and my DC are 5 and (very nearly) 3. By the time my eldest was my youngests age I had a 6m old!

Ubercornsdiscoball Fri 09-Mar-18 14:09:09

I’m pregnant with number 3 at the moment. I have a 3.5 year old and a 1.5 year old. We didn’t start trying until our second was 1 year as it wasn’t fair on any of us otherwise - childcare, sleep, work schedules, attention. All of those factors meant that we didn’t try too early

ivehadtonamechangeforthis Fri 09-Mar-18 14:15:27

I'm currently thinking about it....not sure smile

Have two DD's, one is 2 yrs 10mths and the other is 16 months (17 months between them).

I would love another but the two I currently have keep me more than busy, DD1 still wakes at least once a night and is late to bed/early riser she's also refusing to come out of nappies (fortunately only wee!!) until her sister does (I would insert a raised eyebrow if I knew how to) my house a constant merry-go-round of tidying up and I haven't seen the bottom of the wash basket in nearly 3 years! I'm also 44 so haven't got time to think on it for long.

Redpramlady Fri 09-Mar-18 21:11:48

Hi all!

Just found out I'm expecting #3!!!
after over a year of deliberating, reading thousands of three children threads, wondering what if, future planning etc couldn't shake the niggle that our family wasn't complete!

So here we are! Feels v surreal!

Redpramlady Fri 09-Mar-18 21:12:48

Dd1 is 4 and dd is 3. 17 months apart

Waawaa Fri 09-Mar-18 23:57:24

I'm annoying myself looking for symptoms! 3dpo today and my tummy is bloated and sore 😳

Miraclemumma Sat 10-Mar-18 02:24:55

Ttc number 4!

Number one is my only birth child (aged 11), number two and three we adopted from newborn,

I’m 37 and have technically been trying 11 years!! ( do I win the ‘longest time ttc?!)

If I conceived my son there’s no reason I can’t conceive again, albeit 11 years of trying later!!!

MrsY87 Sat 10-Mar-18 05:56:14

Seems there are a few of us going for a 3rd! I'm one of 3 and have always wanted 3, I just don't feel done at 2, like there is someone missing.

Good to hear of some small age gaps...that's what we're hoping for this time around, but every now & then I think to myself what the hell are we doing?! But it can't be that bad if your going for a 3rd, right?!?

Congrats @Ubercornsdiscoball & @Redpramlady! How far along are you both?

I'm the worst for symptom spotting too @Waawaa think I'm probably 1dpo going off the positive opk I got on Thursday, I told myself we'd just see what happened for a bit whilst I wait for my periods to come back but then my left over opks got the better of me! Know I'd be extremely lucky if we manage to catch the first egg!!

Good luck @Miraclemumma how old are your adopted children?

Wingingit321 Sat 10-Mar-18 06:21:41

Period came today. Feeling fed up. On only cycle 2 but I happened so quickly last time and I can feel my age gap getting bigger. My boys will be 4 & almost 6 by the time I end up having a baby. Irrationally annoyed at DH for making me wait for long. What if it doesn’t happen happen. I have a history of Eating disorders and has a bit of a lapse last year. It wasn’t too bad , was only a little under weight but what if I’ve broken my body from other behaviours. What if it doesn’t happen again

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: