Advanced search

looking for nutty fun loving ttcers to share tips!

(164 Posts)
thisisouryrfx18 Thu 08-Mar-18 12:16:23

Wanted to start a thread for slightly bonkers ttcers who can laugh at themselves & boost one anothers moral😉 shy posters scared to talk about the nitty gritty shagging at all hrs and discussing cm in detail need not reply!😜

thisisouryrfx18 Thu 08-Mar-18 12:25:31

Forgot to add ive been ttc on and off for 2yrs now still no luck! On cd36 normally have a 42day cycle af due march 15th. No poas until then.(who am i kidding al b peeing on anything that stays still for 2secs at that point😲)

Cakelaur Thu 08-Mar-18 12:28:28

100% I'm in!! I'm so obsessed I've started a blog! 😂 this tww is almost over. Testing bfn the last two days. I temp, check cm and pee on opk more times a day than should be legal. I analyse every sneeze. I send my OH a schedule for sex. And I use fertility gel. Next month I'll be adding pineapple and possibly progesterone cream. We been ttc for just over a year. Caught in November, mmc in Jan. On second cycle since mc. Ready for any tips and advice no matter how weird and wonderful!! And everything I try I'll write about to let others know! Haha one day I will have my 🌈 👶!

thisisouryrfx18 Thu 08-Mar-18 12:50:37

Woohoo! Hi! so glad sumbodys joined..sorry to hear bout mc sending u a virtual hug❤ whens af due? What does OH make of being soo obsessed mine thinks im nuts😆

Cakelaur Thu 08-Mar-18 13:28:14

Haha!!! My OH bless him is amazing!! He just plays along and smiles at me. He defo thinks I'm a loony toon. But I thinks he just thinks it's funny!
AF was due Saturday. But then after this mornings temp, FF changed my ovulation date by two days, so it's pushed AF til after the weekend. I seemed to ovulate mega early at 11dpo (usually 13-15) but we'll see. Now it's saying I ovulated on cd13. Which is a little annoying as we DTD on cd8,9,10 and 12. Which was perfect timing for cd11 ov, but not ideal for cd13 ov.
I should know by Saturday either way. And testing every day until AF arrives. When are you gonna start testing this month?

flyingplum Thu 08-Mar-18 13:55:22

I'm in! Only on cycle no.3, so early days for us, but I'm terrible with boundaries, so a slightly loony thread so great 😁

AF started yesterday, but is giving me an easy time so far this month, so hopefully short and we can crack in with cycle no.3 😈

thisisouryrfx18 Thu 08-Mar-18 14:00:04

My OHs the same i think he just accepts the fact theres no reasoning with me😆im very stubborn. Im swaying between monday and thurs cause afs due on the 15th and i have sum internet cheapies to pee on but now im gettin the usual temption to buy a first response i swear those things r goin to bankrupt me lol the wait is killing me tho..Do u watch loose women? soo funny theyre talking about teaching kids about fertility and how to get pregnant wish theyd taught me that at school!

thisisouryrfx18 Thu 08-Mar-18 14:02:01

Welcome flyingplum! The more loonballs we get together the better lol hope afs a short one for u 😊

Cakelaur Thu 08-Mar-18 19:40:21

@flyingplum welcome!!!!
@thisisouryrfx18 I love patient men!!! I wish I'd not been so scared as a youngster!! You spend all your days protecting yourself and now I'm struggling!! I feel for you at the 2 year mark!! I was wanting to cry after our second month. I was hoping this time after mc would be easy as we'd already been pregnant. But not so much.
I'm testing every day. But if AF is gonna show I wish she'd just hurry up so I can crack on with cycle 3.
Do you have any tips/tricks anything you're trying? Pills, remedies or anything?

Cakelaur Thu 08-Mar-18 19:40:58

Also... Just to confirm my craziness.. I fished a hpt from this morning out of the bin... just to check! 🙈

thisisouryrfx18 Thu 08-Mar-18 20:02:30

Cakelaur been there done that lol i even sat n pulled apart a plastic case 1 cause i was convinced the window was faulty and i wanted a closer look😩lol crazy the things we do..ive been doin the standard legs raised in the air after dtd, started trying to temp and use opks, eating protein, drinking grapefruit juice to help with cm(too sour tho😖)takin vits, goin to the gym, not having hot baths, no drinking unless af is here, cutting down caffeine need i go on lol..ive been reading about angus cactus epo raspberry leaf tea and acupuncture gonna try it if this month is unsuccessful

Cakelaur Thu 08-Mar-18 20:34:54

So I cut down caffeine, take folic acid (I tried full vitamins... but they seem to mess with my cycle) I don't stop drinking, (cos I love a glass of wine) obviously until I get my bfp. I do feritily gel (lube) and I've cut out baths (massively miss them) considering progesterone cream and pineapples next cycle. I tried epo for cm, did that for 3 months didn't notice too much. Considered Angus castus, but my lp is usually between 10-12 days. So i don't wanna just push later ovulation. My cycles are nice and short between 24-27 days. Which means by the time my period is done, fertile week is almost upon us, and then my ttw is actually only 10-12 days and then I'm onto the next cycle. Haha.

thisisouryrfx18 Thu 08-Mar-18 21:07:45

Im soo jealous of ur short cycles! Mine are 42 days long😠lol makes the wait even worse. So have u not tried acupuncture? I ve heard good things about it dnt know how much itd cost tho worth a bash nxt cycle. Ive got preseed on my list is it that make u use? I heard u need to put it on 15mins before dtd tho might kinda kill the mood.

thisisouryrfx18 Thu 08-Mar-18 21:11:38

I did notice the same thing with the pregnacare vits it made my cycle bit over the place dunno if it was coincidence but i just stick to folic acid now. Seen a thing online about guys takin a cool bath to cool down testicles n help swimmers and the couple got bfp after 1month😞

BDFT Thu 08-Mar-18 22:03:59

A slightly loopy group? Sounds perfect! I'm currently lying in bed with my feet up. 🙈🤣DH has gone back downstairs to play Xbox as I'm now in bed for the night. 10 minutes to go before I can go to sleep!

This TTC thing makes us all slightly loopy I think! 😂🙈🙈

Cakelaur Thu 08-Mar-18 22:35:41

Hahahha! @BDFT high five!! 🤞
@thisisouryrfx18 I used "fertile check gel" from boots. I brush my teeth, squeeze it in, then pounce. Haha. I've not had fertility acupuncture, but I see a chiropractor every week (started last week) and she does acupuncture for my back pain... and weirdly I ovulated the next day a couple days early. 🤨 who knows might have helped. It helps back pain. Had one a couple days ago and have another session on Monday. I stopped going when I got my last bfp cos I was scared it could affect the baby. But they say it's safe. And I'll carry it on this time cos my back really suffers.

Cakelaur Fri 09-Mar-18 08:39:41

Bfn this morning. Again. And I've ordered progesterone cream! I'm getting ready for next month already.

thisisouryrfx18 Fri 09-Mar-18 10:53:07

Welcome BDFT ! I hate when i fall asleep legs up on wall end up with my back breaking lol cakelaur I didnt know you could order progesterone cream is it through docs u do it or online? 💗

Cakelaur Fri 09-Mar-18 11:58:43

Just did it online. It's called serenity progesterone cream. One of the other ladies in our group used it. Have a read up on it.

thisisouryrfx18 Fri 09-Mar-18 13:25:21

Hmmm very interesting😏need to look it up. So has af still not shown up yet? thats soo annoying when that happens😒

thisisouryrfx18 Fri 09-Mar-18 13:40:30

From what ive just read it could b helful but anything with hormones i would b very careful with i think i ll b goin to the doc this month anyway i ll ask them bout it..ive had cramps on and off past few days which is weird cause af isnt due until the 15th prob coming early or ive got a uti from the constant shagging lol😜

Owlpatrol Fri 09-Mar-18 18:52:50

Hey joining I need a laugh! Lol @Cakelaur I'm trying soooo hard not to drink this weekend but that bottle of wine is calling me!!! Shall we start alcoholics annon whilst we're here!

I've given up temping now. It drives dh insane at 6am on a weekend and me too it never told me anything.

I just take folic acid and omega 3 as I want a brainy child lol wtf!?!

Currently cd11 no positive opk yet

BDFT Fri 09-Mar-18 19:22:57

It's Friday. Drink the wine. I've been told by a dr friend that at this early stage it's not really an, as she put it, "with the whole 20-25% thing you're probably not pregnant. Get the joys you can!"

rosieposies Fri 09-Mar-18 19:34:05

So glad I found this thread, I am cracking open the wine now grin

Anyone else planning the nursery at 2 in the morning?

sophi22 Fri 09-Mar-18 21:36:09

This so sounds like the group for me 😂 thanks for making the thread @thisisouryrfx18! My craziness tonight is my DH said he didn't fancy DTD tonight + a negative OPK = sitting on the sofa with the hump. TTC is all consuming!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now