Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

How long after coming of the pill......

(14 Posts)
Kirstylee95 Sat 24-Feb-18 18:07:24

How long after coming of the pill long term did your cycles go back to normal and then u get ur bfp ?

lozzalou93 Sat 24-Feb-18 18:35:43

Came off December 7th, had a withdrawal bleed then period end of December. Another period end of Jan.. and now conceived. 10 years of rigevidon. I did take ‘trying for a baby’ vitamins from boots. The nurse recommended them to me when I stopped birth control. Definitely helped with getting my cycle back.

Kirstylee95 Sat 24-Feb-18 19:39:16

@lozzalou93 that's what pill I was on I've had irregular periods for 9 months with random spotting here and there and bleeding but this month so far so good and I'm also taking seven seas vitamins ! Xx

pumpkinpieinmyeye Sat 24-Feb-18 19:39:21

After 10 years on the pill, I stopped in September then conceived in November after regular cycles straight away (we used withdrawal method in September and October so fell first month of trying). In my friendship group this does seem rare, many have taken a year for cycles to regulate.

strawberrye Sun 25-Feb-18 09:30:00

10 years on the pill, both combined and mini pill at different points. Most recently cerelle mini pill. Stopped August, cycles resumed after a month, BFP January but unfortunately then had a MC. Also taking pregnancy multivitamins since August.

MmmMalbec Sun 25-Feb-18 09:58:46

Came off in December, first totally normal cycle in April and conceived in May!

Alyosha Sun 25-Feb-18 14:11:44

Came off in November. Cycle 1 = 32 days after first day of withdrawal bleed. Cycle 2 = 28 days. Cycle 3 = BFP, our first cycle of not using condoms.

So period came back immediately and we got our BFP in cycle 1 of not not trying. Early days though. Good luck!

happymummy12345 Sun 25-Feb-18 14:17:44

I stopped taking the pill in July 2014, I finished that month, had my withdrawal bleed. Then in August I had my first proper period. I conceived in November 2014, so 4 months.

NoWordForFluffy Sun 25-Feb-18 14:21:37

I came off the pill in May (after 3 months on it; I'd been on the injection for most of the previous 15 years) and was pregnant 5 months' later. No regular cycle in that time though!

treeofhearts Sun 25-Feb-18 14:27:48

I don't know what a bfp is but my cycles are almost back to normal after 18 months.

user1483387154 Sun 25-Feb-18 14:28:57

about 6 years on pill. Pregnant within 3 days of coming off it. Baby boy now 8 months old

Speedy85 Sun 25-Feb-18 14:31:32

I’m 32 and have been on the pill for years. Came off the pill in January, used Clear Blue Ovulation Tests to check what days I was most fertile (as I didn’t know what my cycle length would be), got BFP first time, currently 6.5 weeks pregnant.

I highly recommend the ovulation testers if you don’t want to wait. They are a bit pricey but worked for me.

awkwardsitch Sun 25-Feb-18 14:40:09

Dd1 I was pregnant on the pill 🙄
Dd2 first cycle after coming off it

twobambinos Sun 25-Feb-18 14:51:06

Dd1 first cycle off the pill had a withdrawal bleed and a month later I was a month pregnant. On the pill for 10+years
Dd2 9 months on the pill for 1 year. Cycles came back after about a month but varied in length by a few days only.
This baby cycle 1 off the pill. Had a withdrawal bleed and a month later i was a month pregnant.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: