Talk

Advanced search

Lots of ewcm but no positive opk

(11 Posts)
Kirstylee95 Fri 23-Feb-18 07:22:28

So this week is my fertile week and I've had lots of ewcm but no positive opk me and oh been trying this month to hopefully catch the egg we baby danced anyway I'm just confused to why I haven't had a positive opk all my opk have had one line up until yesterday when it got two lines but I don't think there dark enough for a positive I will post a pic below and see what u ladies think I've also tried clear blue opk and had no luck so disheartening to think my body might not be ovulating

Daisymalone Fri 23-Feb-18 09:49:50

That is almost positive and if that is a picture from yesterday then you will probably peak today. Have you tested yet today? I get ewcm for days before I ovulate. In fact, it usually stops the day I ovulate so you're probably just not there yet! X

Kirstylee95 Fri 23-Feb-18 10:51:58

@Daisymalone yes tested today and it's even fainter line today ☹️

Daisymalone Fri 23-Feb-18 10:59:40

Maybe your peak was overnight? Do you temp as well?

Kirstylee95 Fri 23-Feb-18 11:20:12

@Daisymalone no I don't

Daisymalone Fri 23-Feb-18 11:23:53

Temping is the only way you can really tell if you are ovulating as opks show the surge but can't actually detect ovulation. Only the temperature rise afterwards shows if it has actually happened. Is it something you've thought about trying if you are worried you're not ovulating? X

Kirstylee95 Fri 23-Feb-18 11:32:30

@Daisymalone tbh I'm not entirely sure how you do it or work it out xx

Daisymalone Fri 23-Feb-18 11:46:01

It's really easy, you get a bbt thermometer (mine was from amazon £5) and you take your temperature first thing every morning throughout your cycle. You have to do this about the same time every day, before you get out of bed or move much, basically as soon as you wake up. Then just enter your temperature into an app (I use fertility friend) and it plots it all into a graph. On the graph it will mark when it thinks you ovulate given the available data. Your resting temperature will be higher after ovulation due to the progesterone x

Kirstylee95 Fri 23-Feb-18 13:13:38

@Daisymalone ah I see I might give it s try next month it's just remembering to do it

Daisymalone Fri 23-Feb-18 13:23:09

You won't forget. Alarm goes off, first thing you do is take your temp! Just leave the thermometer on your bedside table!

HotCrossBunFight Fri 23-Feb-18 13:26:01

I didn't always catch the positive. On the cycle I became pregnant with twins I had no positive

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: