Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

3 friends announced pregnancy!!!

(26 Posts)
ClaryFray Mon 19-Feb-18 20:26:28

I know I'm being unreasonable, but one wasn't even trying! Baby was a mistake/surprise!!! Life isn't fair sad

SleepingInNewYork Mon 19-Feb-18 20:30:00

Life is completely unfair.

I hope things work out for you soon if you are trying it else pregnancy news is something you are able to come to terms with soon if you aren’t able to have a baby.

Salsadip Mon 19-Feb-18 21:07:16

Your baby will be the luckiest baby in the world to feel so wanted and loved when he/she finally decides to come along.

"Good things take time. Great things take a long time. And the best things take the longest time."

Try to put a brave face on and be happy for your friends if you can... then vent as much as you like on here 😉☺️

MyBumpIsOnlyPudding Mon 19-Feb-18 21:08:01

I'm right with you, life is completely unfair x

MagicalCreatures Mon 19-Feb-18 22:20:49

Have you been trying for a long time OP x

ClaryFray Tue 20-Feb-18 15:25:55

Not long, we started trying and I didn't fall. Then I had an incident of sickness at work which means my probation has been extended. And now I have to wait before we can start trying. Because if I have anytime off sick then my job is at risk.

And I'm cross with all the baby news because my life just won't allow it right now.

BoRoni Tue 20-Feb-18 17:10:53

Hello ClaryFray,

I has just accepted a new job which will start in April. This means we can not ttc for at least a few months!!! 1 year probation but that doesn't mean I can not go on maternity leave later on....so frustrating im very happy with the new job but it is just postponing everything and I do not have too much time.... also 2 colleagues announced they pregnant... im so miserable!!!

FingersXssd83 Tue 20-Feb-18 17:47:35

I got baby bombed for the first time today. Super happy for my friends but I welled up at the time and been pretty miserable today as I want it to happen to us. TTC is rubbish!

Shk38 Tue 20-Feb-18 17:59:42

Feel you're pain my sister and sister in law both, 32 ( I'm 38 )both announced they're pregnant with their second baby. ( I'm TtC my first). I am genuinely happy for them. But frustrated by my own slow body. sad

FingersXssd83 Tue 20-Feb-18 18:23:27

I'm not far behind you in age @Shk38 and also TTC#1. The age thing seems to make it worse for me... makes me feel awful that my friends have completed their family and we haven't even started ours yet 🙄

thisisouryrfx18 Tue 20-Feb-18 18:28:16

Its natural to feel that way dnt b too hard on urselfflowers

MillieTant2018 Tue 20-Feb-18 18:53:32

Don’t feel bad, it’s natural to feel this way. It’s heartbreaking! But it’s good to try and be happy for people - at least it is for me (helps with my sanity) 😊

thisisouryrfx18 Tue 20-Feb-18 19:04:44

How long do u think ul have to wait before ttc?

MagicalCreatures Tue 20-Feb-18 19:58:50

1 week after my miscarriage, 2 friends announced their pregnancies 1 after the other. Their due dates were 2 weeks before mine. Can’t help feeling like I had to take one for the team of women to be the 1 in 3. I now have to watch their growing bellies whilst crying myself to sleep

BoRoni Tue 20-Feb-18 20:18:05

Magical that is awful Im so sorry you have to go through this...I can not even comprehend how difficult it must be to loose a baby...💐💐💐 keep the faith our time will come! Ill be 39 soon so I have only 1 year or so left and because of my new job csnnot even try for a while...( have been ttc for 10 months)..hope you will settle soon and a bfp will wait for you!

thisisouryrfx18 Tue 20-Feb-18 20:20:41

MagicalCreatures that has to be soo tough xx

SecretLifeOfTTC Tue 20-Feb-18 20:22:19

I completely feel your pain and its ok to feel that way.
Four different friends have had babies in the last month I spent a couple of lunch breaks standing in Marks and Spencers baby section picking presents choking back tears.

Last weekend I spent the night with two friends who are pregnant listening to them talk about their pregnancy and imminent arrivals while I sat there with periods cramps and slugging glasses of wine.

I am turning into a bitter twisted crazy lunatic.

FingersXssd83 Tue 20-Feb-18 20:38:18

So sorry to read your story @MagicalCreatures, life can be so tough. Sending you love and hope you get your BFP soon thanks xx

MagicalCreatures Tue 20-Feb-18 20:50:29

Thankyou so much everyone.
See, we’re all in this together.
You have to be and want to be happy for your friends, it’s the right thing to do as they could quite easily have been the ones in our shoes. But it doesn’t mean we can’t feel bitter or hurt, we’re only humans after all and to be quite frank, we’ve been dealt a shit card at this point in our lives.
We will be rewarded though, hopefully, and we will be the ones who come on top realising never to take it for granted x

MillieTant2018 Tue 20-Feb-18 21:29:50

MagicalCreatures That’s all so true! One great thing I’ve learnt from my ectopic pregnancy and the struggles of TTC is to have empathy with woman struggling. We had a baby shower in work not so long ago and people were bitching about one lady who said she didn’t want to go, the others just didn’t get why someone might not want to be at a baby shower.... I think so many people don’t understand the personal struggle some women go through!

I was hiding in the toilet last week so I didn’t have to meet a work colleagues newborn - which would have been the same age as my baby if things had turned out better. I’m of course happy for her but I didn’t want to show my sadness so kept out the way x

thisisouryrfx18 Tue 20-Feb-18 22:55:33

SecretLifeOfTTC ur not a lunatic and this thread proves it I was thinking bout this today, ur name sums it up perfectly. Its like a secret world and unless uve been in it ppl wnt understand it. I dnt want to tell ppl in RL that im ttc cause it puts more pressure on u and i dnt want the constant r u not pregnant yet but at the same time its very isolating x

MagicalCreatures Tue 20-Feb-18 22:57:33

Oh that’s awful. I’m so sorry.
But it does, I believe, make you more sympathetic and able to understand or even more willing to try to understand the reason behind people’s feelings and behaviour.

thisisouryrfx18 Tue 20-Feb-18 23:07:31

MagicalCreatures it really doessmile most ppl take it for granted how hard it can b ttc but this thread proves we re not alone and we ll appreciate our babies that bit more x

thisisouryrfx18 Tue 20-Feb-18 23:09:40

Millie Tant2018 sorry u had to go through thatflowers

Sunshine19 Sun 25-Feb-18 15:31:51

So many similar stories here! So sorry we’re all going through this together, I wouldn’t want this for anyone.
We’ve been trying for 3 years now and had a miscarriage in October. My age isn’t helping (37) this situation. My 2 friends had their beautiful healthy boys, my SIL is due the same week my baby would’ve been and my work pal & my sister announced she’s pregnant this week. I’m obv happy for them but gutted we’re still struggling. All 3 of my sisters have had healthy pregnancies too. Got a telling off from Mum I should feel blessed Im going to be an auntie for the 8th time 😔but anyway what keeps me going is my youngest neice who gives me life and motivation to keep going.
Fingers crossed for you all soon xox

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: