Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else get emotional when they miss a chance?

(11 Posts)
TinySnowBuddy Wed 14-Feb-18 23:00:54

According to Flo today is ovulation day and my DP was too tired when he came in from the gym. I know it's not his fault and obviously I'm not horrible enough to put pressure on someone to have sex when they don't want to but I'm a little teary now he's asleep, just disappointed sad happy Valentine's Day! Please say someone else has felt like this so I feel less of a horrible person? I'm not using OPKs this cycle so for all I know it isn't even the day and I'm crying over literally nothing!

windy2909 Wed 14-Feb-18 23:05:40

Absolutely! I feel your pain. It becomes all consuming and is maddening when your other half seems like the can’t be bothered!

TinySnowBuddy Wed 14-Feb-18 23:09:39

So glad it's not just me @windy2909. We don't really go in for Valentine's Day but he's bought me a really sweet card and a little gift today and I was chuffed at the time, now I'm just thinking 'don't you realise the one thing I actually want'. I know I'm being a drama queen and a brat but jeez!

windy2909 Wed 14-Feb-18 23:15:47

It’s hard, I know. Had many tears and tantrums. Not sure how long you’ve been trying but after trying for quite a significant period of time myself, I think my husband felt a bit under pressure and this did not help.

TinySnowBuddy Wed 14-Feb-18 23:21:46

We're only on cycle 3, but I have some health problems that could potentially cause us difficulties conceiving, so I want to be really on it. How long have you been ttc if you don't mind me asking? Have you discussed this particular issue with your husband? I know what you mean about him feeling pressured - very keen to avoid that from both a moral perspective and a logistical one iyswim!

windy2909 Wed 14-Feb-18 23:30:02

We have been trying for almost 2 years. For first few months, we were very much just “let’s just see what happens”. After that, when nothing happened I started pointing out when the optimum time each month would be. We went along with that for about a year and tbh I think that’s when hubbie started to get worried. So different story to yours, as you’re just starting out. My only advice would be to try to talk and be honest with your other half. You might find he opens up about his feeling too.

TinySnowBuddy Wed 14-Feb-18 23:40:41

Definitely. I think it'll probably feel very different in the morning. Trouble with all this is it's not really a problem you could text a friend about is it?!

Miss83 Thu 15-Feb-18 16:34:50

tinysnowbunny I had the same issue this month... Got a positive OPk and OH was to tired.... I felt so low about it! This was my first month using OPK's and I started to get really in to it. We did it a day later but feel it was to late.

Completely understand how you feel.

cobaltblue27 Thu 15-Feb-18 16:43:46

Yes. Totally. My husband mostly can’t be bothered, and to be honest I have felt more interested historically. But they don’t seem to get the urgency of the limited time horizon. Totally understand xx

TinySnowBuddy Fri 16-Feb-18 07:35:04

It's so frustrating isn't it @Miss83 @cobaltblue27. He said to me he wants the baby to be conceived when we're dtd totally out of love naturally etc etc and I'm like, yeah lovely as long as that's on x and y datesgrin

LG88 Sat 17-Feb-18 20:46:16

Totally understand how you are feeling, myself and my husband were ill with the flu last cycle and i was just desperate not to miss a possible day even though neither of us felt up to it. Everyone says to relax and not put the pressure on but it feels almost impossible doesn't it. Hard when you don't want to talk to friends about it too! sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now