Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Cycle length changing?

(3 Posts)
socktastic Wed 14-Feb-18 18:24:30

Hi all,

Is it possible for a cycle to change in length? I'm a bit confused.

I was a regular 5 seemed. Clockwork almost.

I had my wee boy over a year and a half ago and went almost immediately back onto the mini pill. We are now ttc #2 so I stopped the pill at the end of november. I had a period probably starting 29th December, then another one 21st January and I'm starting to come on again today which l0would suggest a 3.5 week cycle.

Is this normal? Will it make it more difficult to conceive with a shorter cycle?

physicskate Wed 14-Feb-18 18:34:13

You'll get more chances to catch the egg... so actually having a short cycle means a bit less waiting around!

Periods can change over time, both in intensity and frequency.

BHillary Wed 14-Feb-18 19:01:04

Mine were 6 weekly like clockwork,
Have my son, ha don't duaghter 11 months later went on the implant for a year got caught straight away with number 3 went in the Implant again.
Been off it a year and I'm having 7/8 weekly cycles bit convinced I'm ovulating and the doctor has done bloods and apparantly all my hormones are fine and that's just my body?
So they can change

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: