Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Feeling anxious TTC#3 irregular periods after breastfeeding DC2

(5 Posts)
cobaltblue27 Wed 14-Feb-18 14:09:13

Hi, I am preparing to TTC next cycle. DS2 is now 1 and 2 months, and with a couple of health conditions, I have been advised to start trying sooner rather than later. However, I am really struggling with anxiety. I have had terrible PND after both my babies, and it’s been quite a traumatic time as I was diagnosed with a nasty condition when DS1 was 11 months old (Addison’s disease....my immune system has destroyed my adrenal glands which is quite a big deal!). My pregnancy with DS2 was amazingly ok, but I found the birth quite frightening (had panic attack on operating table for scheduled C section - following EMCS with DS1 - with flashbacks to being in intensive care around the time of my diagnosis). I am now feeling really worried about the likely potential PND, the anxiety of the pregnancy, and also now whether I will fall pregnant at all: I stopped breastfeeding DS2 in November after 11 months, and have had two periods since then, but cycle has lengthened to 30 days (and counting right now). I’m 35. Is anyone out there TTC after bad PND and/or dealing with health issues? Anyone else had irregular periods? Am so tired of worrying all the time. X

Bambamber Wed 14-Feb-18 14:58:16

I'm sorry that you're feeling so anxious, it sounds like you've had a really tough time. Have you spoken to anyone about your anxiety over pregnancy and birth? I would have though in any future pregnancies you would get additional help and support, but obviously that doesn't help you just now. And with any luck your cycles won't take too long to settle!

I'm TTC #2 while still breastfeeding and I too have medical issues although of a different kind. It really is emotionally draining having it on your mind all the time

cobaltblue27 Wed 14-Feb-18 15:28:31

Hi Bambamber, Thanks for replying and glad to hear am not the only one finding it all a bit draining, but sorry to hear you’re in a position to understand if that makes sense?! Have you had any issues with your cycle historically? Am feeling so worried! I wish my period would start.

Bambamber Wed 14-Feb-18 21:56:37

That certainly does make sense. My cycles normally follow a regular cycle (28 days, ovulation on day 14), but I often get mid cycle bleeding and sometimes I get prolonged bleeding which just throws everything off. My periods haven't returned just yet so am dreading to see how bad it a going to be!

How many days since your last period? Could it be your hormones are still settling down from breastfeeding? Am not sure how long it normally takes for things to regulate again

cobaltblue27 Thu 15-Feb-18 05:21:44

Hi, Thanks so much for replying. Am now seriously seriously stressed and away for work at the moment.

It is now four weeks and two days since my last period.

Period 1 after breastfeeding-4.5 weeks after stopping (but had engorgement for a week so maybe body didn’t get message)
Period 2 at 29 days
Period 3 ???? Woken up middle of night at day 30 In horrible state

I am a very anxious person, but this is doing my head in. Also have been very hot last two nights and have been a bit damp through sweat. Is this perimenopause?

Please offer reassurance, good people of Mumsnet. This is a lonely place.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: