Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

TTC: Not pg - but where is AF??!

(4 Posts)
Knittinggurl Wed 14-Feb-18 09:54:02

Hi all, I was hoping to get some thoughts on what might be going on with my cycle at the moment. I gave birth to my DD in June 2017 and we have been TTC again since Christmas as I will be 40 next month.

My periods came back after the birth in November and I'm now on my third cycle. When I conceived DD I had a 30 day cycle which was regular. My cycles since the birth have been 31 days , 28 days and now 36 days and counting.

I have been using clear blue OPKs this cycle and the precious one and had a peak OPK on day 17 of the 28 day cycle and day 20 of this current (36 day....and counting) which was pretty late. But I still have no AF on day 36. I'm definitely not pg as I've done a gazillion FRERs. A week or so ago I felt all sorts of twinges which I thought were either signs I was pg or that AF was on the way, but now I have no symptoms at all.

I wondered whether I've just missed a period and so thought I'd start with the OPKs again in case I ovulate again. Yesterday the OPK was negative but this am I have a solid smiley! Test pic attached. I've read on here that OPKs can be an indicator of pregnancy so I did an FRER this morning but there's not a whisper of a ghost of a line - and I'm really trying to see one! So I assume it's a freak result.

But does anyone have any thoughts on what might be going on? Other than that maybe I should step away from the tests for a few days?! I assume it might be my body just working things out post-baby but I'd love to get AF so that I can move forward to next month. I'm also on 100mg per day of Sertraline so I don't know whether that could potentially have an impact? I've been taking that for a year now. Thank you in advance and apologies for the length of this post!

Knittinggurl Wed 14-Feb-18 20:00:56

Anyone?

NoseringGirl Wed 14-Feb-18 21:08:44

OPKs can tell you that your body is gearing up to ovulate but it won't necessarily happen. So it could just be that your body is trying again. I found charting my temps a useful way of knowing if I'd actually ovulated.
I sympathise though, it's very frustrating when you expect AF but nothing happens!

Knittinggurl Thu 15-Feb-18 18:55:32

Thank you! I've ordered a thermometer from amazon to do the temping so will try that from tomorrow

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: