Talk

Advanced search

Tips for conceiving

(21 Posts)
SqidgeBum Tue 13-Feb-18 20:54:30

Hi everyone,

So I am heading into cycle 8. I have tried the peeing on OPK sticks, eating well, putting my legs above my head, and generally crossing my fingers. I am now at the point of tying other things. Obvious I am too early for GP intervention, so I am looking for tried and tested methods of getting pregnant; positions, herbal stuff, acupuncture, anything that doesn't involve major chemicals. Anyone have any tips?

Snowydaysarehere Tue 13-Feb-18 20:56:47

For your dh /dp vitamin C twice a day 1000mg soluble tablets for top sperm recommended by an ivf consultant to a friend.

Justmuddlingalong Tue 13-Feb-18 20:58:37

Pillow under yer bum after DTD.

Itmakesthereaderreadon Tue 13-Feb-18 21:03:33

Temperature charting? My opk sticks could be a bit late, but charting let me know which days to anticipate (and my periods were completely up the creek).

SqidgeBum Tue 13-Feb-18 21:28:04

How bad is it that I never though of what DH can do to boost things?!?! He has been told he now has a role to play bar the obvious lol.

charlie1234567 Wed 14-Feb-18 01:45:34

Pre seed pre seed pre seed!!! Buy it now!

Presh12345 Wed 14-Feb-18 04:45:23

Have you had thyroid checked? Apparently the TSH has to be between 1-2.

MsJuniper Wed 14-Feb-18 05:11:15

I read It Starts With The Egg although skimmed over the bit about plastics. I did follow the supplement/diet regime though and also used preseed. Now 33 weeks pg.

flumpybear Wed 14-Feb-18 05:24:50

High concentrations of evening primrose up to ovulation then stop

Angus castus til you get BFP

Wings13 Wed 14-Feb-18 07:23:27

How often are you dtd? I swear by every second night no matter what the opks say!

MamaL86 Wed 14-Feb-18 07:24:05

I'm seconding pre-seed. No idea if it's ever did it but got bfp first month using it. I've also been drinking dandelion tea daily as its supposed to help detox after hormonal birth control. Best of luck to you OP

DwangelaForever Wed 14-Feb-18 07:54:06

Mayan massage helped me with my first. I was also a bit superstitious that eating lentils and rubbing my little bhudda helped - so I did it again last cycle and I got my BFP grin

Ps I know this was probably a big fluke but no harm in doing it to ease my superstition smile

DwangelaForever Wed 14-Feb-18 07:55:46

Also I had sex earlier in my cycle cause I looked at the times I conceived before and I had sex on cd10 which isn't highlighted as a fertile day on my apps, did it again this time and BFP - I'm convinced it contributed by having swimmers up there right at the time of ovulation (I didn't use OPKs)

SqidgeBum Wed 14-Feb-18 09:14:24

Thanks everyone for their tips! I think I am going to pre seed, vitamin C and agnus castus it. I have had a few women mention agnus castus to me. I just want to try all I can between now and the one year mark. Fingers crossed!!

riaviolet Wed 14-Feb-18 22:30:39

Have sex a few days before you ovulate.. sin my case 4/5 days before.. I got my BFP and now 7 weeks gone..

SqidgeBum Wed 14-Feb-18 22:39:49

Ye riaviolet my strategy so far was to wait and concentrate on the day of ovulation and maybe the day after. Someone once told me it was quality, not quantity. I told my DH tonight we are trying the tactic now of every second night after this AF, and as much as possible from 4/5 days before ovulation. He seems happier with that idea. Men ha!

fleetingthinker Wed 14-Feb-18 22:47:53

Sperm meets egg plan.

http://spermmeetseggplan.com

Has worked every time!

fleetingthinker Wed 14-Feb-18 22:49:05

Vitamin C & B6 can help too.

eurochick Thu 15-Feb-18 07:00:42

That sounds too late. After you ovulate the egg can only be fertilised for about 24 hours. And swimmers are very slow. But sperm can live for a week. So you want to make sure they are there before ov.

CharlieandLolaCat Thu 15-Feb-18 08:10:18

Eat a Brazil nut a day. It is high in (I think) selenium which apparently helps the egg to implant. Clearly likely coincidence but I conceived the month that I started this and it does not harm .....

HanSpan1 Thu 15-Feb-18 08:21:21

Ill second Pre-Seed and SMEP, was trying for 8 months and the first month we did the SMEP i got my BFP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now