Talk

Advanced search

What do YOU do to ease the pain of AF?

(5 Posts)
Bubblegum89 Tue 13-Feb-18 16:07:41

Do you do anything in particular? Do you binge on cake, go out and get hammered, have a good cry at a sad movie?

I’m coming up to month 17 of ttc now and I find that doing something when AF shows up makes me feel a little better. Usually I will indulge in buying things online I can’t really afford or I will put on some loud music and down a bottle of white wine. I feel like I may need to branch out into other things.

Anyone else do stuff like this to try and mask their misery?

physicskate Tue 13-Feb-18 16:50:48

I cry for about 3 days. Drink lots of wine. I've just started taking anti depressants so I don't get so inconsolable, depressed and quite frankly crazy... most days I find hard... I'm sure you probably know my story...

Daisymalone Tue 13-Feb-18 17:22:14

Af came today so I am currently sat in a scalding hot bath (because I can) and will shortly be smothering soft goats cheese on a bagel (because I can) and I may wash it down with a lot of wine (because I can)! I am also looking forward to having lots of energy and horniness over the next two weeks (bye bye progesterone, hello estrogen). Of course I would trade it all to be tired, sick, sober and pregnant...

SqidgeBum Tue 13-Feb-18 17:44:35

My first signs of AF just arrived. I thought it was good news this month, I really felt this could be the month, but the regular day 27 pre period spotting and cramps begun an hour ago for me, so I just had a cuddle and a bit of a cry with the hubbie, stuck a silly movie on and have poured a glass of wine. I may buy some soft cheese tomorrow and eat my weight in bad food before my healthy conception diet starts again. Into cycle 8 I go. Another month, another chance right?

starfishy Tue 13-Feb-18 18:23:21

18 months in for me. I try to allow myself only one day of crying and then I drink wine, do online shopping etc.
My cycles are irregular but if I had more notice I would probably try to plan a day or evening out, weekend away for when AF arrives.
Last month we happened to be in London and seeing a show when AF arrived and I felt so much better because I was distracted and doing something fun!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now