Talk

Advanced search

Ius

(5 Posts)
Scrivs88 Mon 12-Feb-18 17:26:34

Hey ladies thinking of having a Ius fitted , has anyone had it ? If so how did you get on ?

Namechangedagain95 Mon 12-Feb-18 17:30:01

I had a Jaydess coil for 3 years. It really wasn’t the best thing for me but the only form of contraception I could have. As pills etc didn’t agree with me.
The last year or so with it was awful, constant cramps, dodgy bleeding etc. The strings also got lost and I had to be admitted to hospital for removal.
The first year or so was great it really did the trick but I would never have another and I wouldn’t really recommend it based on my experiences but it could be fine for you!

Insertion is quite painful (I’ve never had children) and cramps for a couple of days after but removal was a breeze

dementedpixie Mon 12-Feb-18 17:31:40

Do you mean the mirena coil? It stopped my periods for 5 years which was great. I did have to get it removed under general anaesthetic which wasn't so great (couldn't find the strings to remove it the normal way)

Salsadip Mon 12-Feb-18 17:47:20

Hello,
I have just had my Mirena removed after 4.5 years and would definitely recommend it. No periods, not particularly painful to have inserted or removed, just felt a bit of cramp really!
I also like the fact that you aren't switching off your ovaries, just making it difficult for sperm to get in. Also the fact that it's a much lower dose of hormone than the pill, so I didn't get any of the hormone issues I had while on the pill.
Good luck!

Darkstar4855 Tue 13-Feb-18 05:23:28

2 Mirena coils, both brilliant, no periods other than light ones for the first six months. Only had it out to TTC but will defibitely have another one in the future!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now