Talk

Advanced search

Is this my withdrawal bleed?

(6 Posts)
Rose0804 Mon 12-Feb-18 11:02:54

Hi, I have been on the pill for 9 years and me and my partner have decided to try for a baby. I’m on marvelon which I took for 21 days and then had a weeks break, in which I would of a bleed. I finish my strip last Sunday and as normal I have had a bleed. Would this be classed as my withdrawal bleed? Or just a bleed? I would also like to hear about other people’s opinions on the ‘trying for a baby’ tablets and when would be best to start them. Thank you

dementedpixie Mon 12-Feb-18 14:07:44

It will be your withdrawal bleed. Folic acid and vitaminD is recommended. Folic acid should be started around 3 months before conceiving

Karigan1 Mon 12-Feb-18 14:09:30

It’s a withdrawal bleed. Doesn’t mean much though as it could take a couple of months for your system to get going again. In addition to prenates magnesium will help

Rose0804 Mon 12-Feb-18 18:25:22

Thank you for responding... so you would say that even though I would normally have this bleed every month.. this would be classed as my withdrawal bleed? Okay thank you

dementedpixie Mon 12-Feb-18 18:29:48

Yes, because it doesn't know you aren't starting the pill again after a week. It isn't a bleed caused by ovulation and losing the lining of your womb. It may take a few months for your cycle to get back to normal

Rose0804 Mon 12-Feb-18 18:41:49

Okay thank you smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: