Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Clomid?

(8 Posts)
Happy03 Mon 12-Feb-18 10:31:35

I want to try clomid there's a long wait to see fertility and I've already been trying 16 months. Is there anywhere I can get it that's 'safe' I know the risks etc I just want to give it a go getting fed up.

peachesarenom Mon 12-Feb-18 11:05:09

Erm either see private fertikity peeps as I believe you need ultrasound monitoring of first cycle. There is also a thread on here about soy flavanones or something. Sounds similar? No real knowledge sorry. Don't buy it on the internet!

Happy03 Mon 12-Feb-18 11:26:01

Thank you smile I know I'm just desperate 😭 that's how it made me feel I'll look thank you

physicskate Mon 12-Feb-18 11:33:57

Go private? are you on the waiting list for the fc?

Honestly, if you already ovulate, clomid won't help you anyway.

Happy03 Mon 12-Feb-18 11:40:47

Too expensive :/ can u do it just to get clomid? I don't think I ovulate that's why I wanted it Hun x

physicskate Mon 12-Feb-18 11:42:22

Your gp can check to see if you ovulate. But I don't think GPs routinely prescribe clomid.

Ask for a cd21 progesterone test - it's a blood test.

Cleozeta Mon 12-Feb-18 17:58:57

You could try soy isoflavones, they are supposed to be 'natures clomid' and are very readily available in supermarkets etc. And are cheap to buy. Worth a try!

Hopingnwishing Tue 13-Feb-18 01:36:01

It's a prescription only medication so if you get hold of it on the black market you cannot guarantee what it is and you will be supporting organised crime. See your GP

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: