Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

This is positive isn't it?

(18 Posts)
BumbleNova Mon 12-Feb-18 08:34:28

I'm not due til Friday but DH and I had a mishap last month around ovulation.

I POAS but it was showing a nice strong negative. Got out the shower a few minutes later and there was a line?

This wasn't planning so what do I do now? Folic acid??

BumbleNova Mon 12-Feb-18 08:35:30

Arrgh baby brain already I meant it wasn't planned!

4thtime Mon 12-Feb-18 08:39:03

I am see something but I'd test again in a couple of days as it depends how long the test had been left for x

BumbleNova Mon 12-Feb-18 09:11:20

Is it 10 mins max? Yes I kicked myself for not timing it. I didn't wait 3mins before I jumped in the shower. Idiot. Going to test again Wednesday. I've also had some v minor spotting.

raraa Tue 13-Feb-18 08:56:54

I def see a second line! I got bfp with frers recently so retest in a few days xxx

unicorncow Tue 13-Feb-18 18:25:31

Did you retest? @BumbleNova

raraa Tue 13-Feb-18 18:35:53

I've just realised I wrote bfp not evap 🙈😔 sorry!

BumbleNova Tue 13-Feb-18 19:55:11

Retesting in the morning! Gaah not sure what result I want...

TMI blush but my nipples look v weird?! Is that a symptom? I've had some light spotting today too.

BumbleNova Tue 13-Feb-18 19:56:53

@raraa what is an evap?! Testing newbie.

BifsWif Tue 13-Feb-18 20:40:22

They’re positive!

raraa Tue 13-Feb-18 20:55:35

An evap is an evaporation line on a test, the blue dye tests are notorious for them but I got one with the FRER last time xxc

pumpkinbump Tue 13-Feb-18 23:13:08

I can see lines on those.

BumbleNova Wed 14-Feb-18 08:25:45

It was a very clear positive this morning. Both of us completely freaking out, just wasn't the plan. My mum died a couple of weeks ago, I'm just not sure I can do this without her? Oh god. I miss her so much.

raraa Wed 14-Feb-18 09:13:04

@BumbleNova oh congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you!!! Your mum is with you, don't be scared, she's got such a smile on her face because of this xxx

Peanutty86 Wed 14-Feb-18 09:38:14

Don't mean to offend or be insensitive, might not be your cup of tea whatsoever, but have you have thought that there's a reason you got pregnant when your mum died?
I fell pregnant the week of DH relatives funeral who had died unexpectedly just a few weeks after the spouse had died unexpectedly too. We kind of took it as a sign....

BumbleNova Wed 14-Feb-18 09:52:38

I'm just so gutted she won't get to meet our baby and who I call if I'm worried? Can't stop bloody crying.

MistyMeadow Wed 14-Feb-18 09:55:51

I thought the same Peanutty, sometimes things are just meant to be. Congratulations OP, all will be absolutely fine, I'm so sorry for the loss of your Mum

Peanutty86 Wed 14-Feb-18 11:04:21

You will find a way. You will speak to your mum in your thoughts and it will still give you comfort. You have the chance to be a mum yourself, surely your mum would be so proud of you. Yes it's a shame she won't meet her grandchild but I'm sure she knew what was to come. One life goes, another one comes.... it's special. And eventually you will recognise your mums looks or character in your own child. Hang in there, it's all worth it. A baby is the best thing that could happen at this sad time.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: