Talk

Advanced search

Progesterone cream

(10 Posts)
HopefulSmile14 Sun 11-Feb-18 22:39:23

So after nearly 2 years of trying to concive with no success I've ordered some progesterone cream to see if this helps I already have a 2year old but she's wants a baby brother or sister so badly and she will be amazing has anyone used this?

KeepingTheFaith9 Sun 11-Feb-18 23:04:56

Yes! I’ve been using it for about 2 months. No success yet... but I’m 43 so probably expecting a miracle. I had a 21 day test privately and it showed low progesterone so I thought I would give it a try (days 14-27)
Who knows if it’s going to do a thing but I’m at the point where I have nothing to lose... 🙏🏻 Got mine from Welsprings Health online. 😊 Good luck 🍀

HopefulSmile14 Mon 12-Feb-18 06:18:05

Thank you for your response I'm nervous to try it as scared it will damage me more than whatvi already am but it's worth a try last 6months of trying to concieve now as I'm due to start uni next year as I gave it up when I was 18 now 24 and want to try having a baby before I start my midwifery course so baby dust for us both hopefully

KeepingTheFaith9 Mon 12-Feb-18 22:57:01

Good luck Hopeful. You are young and wise to start early in respect of questioning why things are not happening. Hindsight is a great thing, if someone like me had spoken to my younger self at 24 and told me to be vigilant around my fertility I would not be where I am today, baby dust to you, and good for you for taking charge and planning your family earlier than later. 🙏🏻😊 x

physicskate Tue 13-Feb-18 09:08:28

Progesterone itself can literally do no harm. There are literally no negatives of taking it (I used to work in a hormone clinic for menopausal women). It's the other stuff in the creams, or synthetic 'progestogens' that can be a bit more worrying...

babyl0ve Tue 13-Feb-18 15:12:37

Which cream did you get and where did you get it from?

BifsWif Tue 13-Feb-18 20:44:05

My doctor prescribed cyclogest, if you’ve tested low for progesterone would this be an option for you?

HopefulSmile14 Wed 14-Feb-18 16:56:00

I have have to take cyclogest onve in pregnant I am considering making another appointment with my doctor to see what she suggests

BifsWif Wed 14-Feb-18 19:12:09

I was told to take it from 2dpo, my consultant said that waiting until I got a BFP could be too late.

Raise it with your doctor and ask for a prescription have at home if possible.

HopefulSmile14 Fri 16-Feb-18 05:52:18

I'm going to book in, but appointments at my gps can take up to 3 weeks. Times ticking for me as like I say I'm hoping to start university next year. So I'm keeping everything crossed in these next 7months, I get my bfp otherwise it's waiting another 3years,😔 but also I really do not think my doctor will give me cyclogest. As I'm a bigger lady. They always bring the weight up even though I'm dieting and trying to lose weight they will not see it like that

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: