Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Test line getting fainter?

(5 Posts)
emma94 Sun 11-Feb-18 10:51:19

Hi everybody.
I tested in the afternoon on the 8TH (so 3 days ago) and the test line was really dark. I tested again this morning and whilst the test line is still there it's not as dark. Am I right to be worried? I have my first midwife app tomorrow. Please advise.
Thanks, Emma x

Peanutty86 Sun 11-Feb-18 12:09:03

Strangely enough my tests in the morning were always lighter than late afternoon/evening ones. Your midwife will probably not be able to confirm your pregnancy but tell you to stop testing. A line is a line and until proven different, you are pregnant. You can always get an early scan, they cost between £50-£80 so if you can afford it, I would recommend. I had one at 6+2 and heartbeat was visible. It's still very early, definitely don't go earlier than that.

TheCatsPaws Sun 11-Feb-18 12:13:08

When this happened to me, I miscarried.

However, I have also had miscarriages with strong lines. So it could go either way. How far are you? It’s less likely to be a problem if you’re further than 5 weeks.

newyearsameme80 Sun 11-Feb-18 12:16:11

Ask her to do blood tests to check hcg levels are rising. That would be more relevant at an early stage than a scan.

emma94 Sun 11-Feb-18 21:33:39

Thank you for everyone's responses, I'm 6 weeks 3 days. I tested again this afternoon and the line was dark again as it was the other day so I guess maybe it was just the test.
Emma x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: