Talk

Advanced search

Test line getting fainter?

(5 Posts)
emma94 Sun 11-Feb-18 10:51:19

Hi everybody.
I tested in the afternoon on the 8TH (so 3 days ago) and the test line was really dark. I tested again this morning and whilst the test line is still there it's not as dark. Am I right to be worried? I have my first midwife app tomorrow. Please advise.
Thanks, Emma x

Peanutty86 Sun 11-Feb-18 12:09:03

Strangely enough my tests in the morning were always lighter than late afternoon/evening ones. Your midwife will probably not be able to confirm your pregnancy but tell you to stop testing. A line is a line and until proven different, you are pregnant. You can always get an early scan, they cost between £50-£80 so if you can afford it, I would recommend. I had one at 6+2 and heartbeat was visible. It's still very early, definitely don't go earlier than that.

TheCatsPaws Sun 11-Feb-18 12:13:08

When this happened to me, I miscarried.

However, I have also had miscarriages with strong lines. So it could go either way. How far are you? It’s less likely to be a problem if you’re further than 5 weeks.

newyearsameme80 Sun 11-Feb-18 12:16:11

Ask her to do blood tests to check hcg levels are rising. That would be more relevant at an early stage than a scan.

emma94 Sun 11-Feb-18 21:33:39

Thank you for everyone's responses, I'm 6 weeks 3 days. I tested again this afternoon and the line was dark again as it was the other day so I guess maybe it was just the test.
Emma x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now