Talk

Advanced search

When to test?

(6 Posts)
HeavenInTheBottomOfMyGinBottle Sun 11-Feb-18 09:17:54

AF was due on Friday and there are currently no usual signs or symptoms of her showing up, bad skin, cramps...

I've read that your period isn't officially "late" until 4/5 days in thanks to Mother Nature?!

Could be utter rubbish but in the 6 months we've been TTC AF has never been anything other than bang on time. The bathroom cupboard is full of tests I naively bought in month one thinking things would happen straight away and have never had to think about using.

So how long after a missed period will a test give you a strong result (no faint lines/guessing)? Part of me thinks it will be easier to take when AF does show up a bit late rather than keep testing and getting BFN.

Sorry for the waffle I've just become I bit obsessed waiting for AF to arrive this weekend.

Teetotal2018 Sun 11-Feb-18 09:28:06

If you’re late for your period then take a test now 😊

QueenAravisOfArchenland Sun 11-Feb-18 10:09:50

Most tests will give a clear positive by the time you're late, unless ovulation is late. Nothing wrong with just waiting though if you'd rather see your period than a BFN.

FuckMyUterus Sun 11-Feb-18 10:11:05

I tested at 8dpo (confirmed with temping) and got a faint line, so yours should show now for definite. Fingers crossed for you.

gossipgirl28 Sun 11-Feb-18 10:45:42

I'd say do the test and put your mind at rest smile

Xoxo

HeavenInTheBottomOfMyGinBottle Sun 11-Feb-18 11:26:35

Thanks ladies, tested and got a BFN.

At least I know, into the next month.

@FuckMyUterus congratulations! thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now