Talk

Advanced search

Soy isoflavones

(11 Posts)
Mos9 Sat 10-Feb-18 12:41:05

I have suspected pcos. Just waiting on ultrasound date now! Ordered some natures aid soy isoflavenes. What are the best days to take? It's all very mixed with some saying 1-5, 2-6, 3-7 etc. What days did you take at what dose? And how many cycles until bfp? Sorry for all the questions, but just looking for some experiences!

physicskate Sat 10-Feb-18 17:55:35

I used to take it cd 3-7. I took something like 125 mg a day in two doses. They say take twice the dose you would of clomid.

I had a cp I think the second cycle of using it... but that was nearly a year ago... I stopped using it about 6 months ago when I switched to clomid.

CuppaSarah Sun 11-Feb-18 08:50:10

I took it 3-7 as that's meant to give you one high quality egg. I started on 80 mg, then up to 100mg, 120mg, 100mg, 80mg. Throughout the five days. Took it before bed to sleep through side effects. I got my first ever positive opk that cycle and conceived my ds. I don't have pcos, just had very irregular cycles and wasn't sure I was even ovulating.

sayanythingelse Sun 11-Feb-18 21:51:22

I forget the dose but I took soy isoflavones day 3-7.
I wasn't ovulating and we were going to start TTC again after our holiday in June last year, so I started taking soy at the beginning of April hoping that it would regulate my cycle a bit. I was pregnant by the end of April without even trying.

Google "soy isoflavones for dummies". The helped me with the dosage.

LifeOfRiley63 Mon 12-Feb-18 09:06:29

There sound to be some clued-up women on here so I'm in the right place.
I'm taking soya isoflavones (along with a multitude of others) to try and kick start my periods as I've been off the pill nearly 4 months with no period yet.
So I don't know when my cycle day is to take them? I'm currently on CD115 but I've been taking them every day. Would you say I should just carry on until AF finally starts?

Mos9 Mon 12-Feb-18 10:15:14

LifeofRiley63 you are only supposed to take them towards the beginning of your cycle for 5 days to kick start ovulation. Taking them continually could actually stop you ovulating! It's supposed to be natures Clomid so you take it the same way. Do you have pcos? I've been taking inositol which has been pretty good at shortening my cycle and inducing my period. Might be good to look it up. Also thanks for your responses ! I was planning to take days 2-6 but it seems like the majority that had success early on took on days 3-7 So that's what I'm planning on doing.

LifeOfRiley63 Mon 12-Feb-18 10:55:01

I honestly don't know what to take and what days to take it because I've not officially had a cycle yet since coming off the pill!
Every day I'm taking folic acid, magnesium, cq10, agnus castus, omega 3, vitamin b complex, vitamin d3, soya isoflavones, starflower oil, evening primrose oil.
Help?!

Mos9 Mon 12-Feb-18 11:04:28

Hold off the soy until you start your period. Research about it to get a good idea when and how much to take. As sayanythingelse said, soy isoflavones for dummies is really really good! Also you cannot take Angus cactus and soy at the same time. Good luck xx

Mos9 Mon 12-Feb-18 11:06:54

community.babycenter.com/post/a25234421/soy_isoflavones_for_dummies

Pibbee Mon 12-Feb-18 11:18:31

From my limited understanding, soy should only be taken for a max of 5 days, as others have pointed out. Apparently it can be pretty powerful stuff and should not be taken without having carried out some research first as to whether it’s suitable. It definitely shouldn’t be taken every day

polkadotpixie Tue 13-Feb-18 08:01:11

My BFP cycle was a Soy cycle. I took it CD2-6, 80-80-80-120-120, ovulated on CD17 (Soy always pushes my ovulation back)

I'd done 2 previous Soy cycles a few months previous and thought I'd give it one more shot before starting Clomid

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: