Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Weird periods after the pill

(4 Posts)
Alyosha Fri 09-Feb-18 22:02:31

DH and I plan to start TTC quite soon. I came off the pill after 7 years in November and felt lucky to get my period back quite quickly, 32 days after the withdrawal bleed. Period was heavier than when I was on the pill but much much lighter than before I went on the pill.

Cycle 2 was 28 days, which was the shortest cycle I've ever had naturally, and cycle 3 was 26 days. I'm now on CD3 of cycle 3 and my period is very light & (TMI) sludgy. But I have quite bad cramps!

Is this all to be expected after coming off the pill?

I'm 29 and a hypochondriac, so obviously I have jumped to the conclusion that my shorter, lighter cycles = early menopause!

Pretty sure I'm ovulating though as I get mittelschmerz & bleeding and then AF exactly 13 days later each time.

Oh, and I took a pregnancy test 2 days before AF was due and BFN...so pretty sure I am not pregnant this cycle.

justanotherday4 Sat 10-Feb-18 06:08:28

Try not to worry, I think it’s really common for your periods to be a bit all over the place when you come off the pill. For me it took about 6 months to fall into a regular cycle again and I haven’t had any issues since.

belleQwetry Sat 10-Feb-18 06:25:39

Hello Alyosha!!! I read your post and it looks like a serious matter. I am sorry for your situation. Most of the doctors recommend their patients to avoid pills. You should take rest. After that, you don’t feel relief then go to your doctor and have an appointment. It’s better to go for treatment rather than collecting suggestions and advises. It’s a matter of your life and pregnancy too. So hurry up. Don’t be late!!!

Alyosha Sat 10-Feb-18 14:03:00

Thanks Justanotherday. Logically I know it's just my body adjusting, but hard to think logically when you're a ball of anxiety!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: