Talk

Advanced search

Coming off the pill for the 1st time!

(12 Posts)
JustCatMumAtTheMo Fri 09-Feb-18 15:20:46

After 10yrs on microgynon, 3yrs with the implant & 6months on cilest
How long after coming off your contraception before your periods were normal?

Rmad6716 Fri 09-Feb-18 15:24:51

Hi, I'm keen to hear updates on this post too!

I have been off the pill for two weeks (was on it 6 years) now with no bleeding yet.

Feeling incredibly bloated and horrible. Keen to get into some sort of rhythmsmile

JustCatMumAtTheMo Fri 09-Feb-18 16:11:29

I've read so many posts on here about conceiving and it was starting to panic me.. ovulation testing etc hmm
Everyone I know it seems to have happened so easily so I'm hoping I'm worrying about nothing

betsy2018 Fri 09-Feb-18 19:08:33

Hi ladies, I was pretty much the same went from the pill to the implant back to the pill again for 11 years, stooped the pill in September and got withdrawal bleed within a couple of days then nothing until November, seemed to come at the right time though so just completely missed October out. Got a bfp last weekend so happened pretty quick for us and feel very lucky

betsy2018 Fri 09-Feb-18 19:10:27

Should add we didn't track ovulation found it too stressful and regimented, just tried to enjoy the trying wink

Karigan1 Fri 09-Feb-18 19:12:34

It varies person to person. We’ve got a little thread called 78 days plus. Some ladies are at over 100 days. Most took at least 2 months. Can I recommend you take magnesium as it helps rebalance you. smile

Lisalou88 Fri 09-Feb-18 21:35:52

Hi I know everyone is different and some people return to normal cycle straight away but for me I came off the pill last January and it took me till the July to start ovulating and even then I had long 40 day cycles, got my bfp in november so only 4 months after I started ovulating, sadly I had a miscarriage but hoping that my cycles will return to normal again soon x

JustCatMumAtTheMo Sat 10-Feb-18 08:14:56

Lisalou so sorry to hear about your lose. I can't begin to imagine how horrible that must have been.

I really appreciate everyone's info smile

BeardofZeus Sat 10-Feb-18 08:17:41

Hi! After 12 years on the combined pill, I came off in September, had my last withdrawal bleed, had my first period in October and haven’t had one since grin 16 weeks currently ... don’t let the stats fool you, once it is out of your system anything could happen!!!!!

user1493413286 Sat 10-Feb-18 08:23:27

After coming off the pill I got my first real period 6 weeks after my “fake” post pill one then conceived the next month! I tried to track ovulation but don’t think it really worked as I had no idea of my cycle length but just relaxing and going for it worked.
Hope all goes well!

Fiestylittleowl Sat 10-Feb-18 08:26:18

I had been on the pill for 10 years. Stopped it and my periods returned the following month and have been regular ever since.
Haven’t conceived though in over 2 years of trying.

Hopingnwishing Tue 13-Feb-18 01:38:40

Similar to Owl....ttc for 14 months. Not ovulating apparently. Periods took 8 months to get back to regular cycle length

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: