Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

AIBU re ' self pleasure' in FW

(15 Posts)
colourful86 Thu 08-Feb-18 19:18:44

We've been ttc since Oct last year, with a MC in Jan and since then we've been dtd regularly
My oh knew this week was probably FW and I've found out Since sat he's 'pleased himself' at least 3 times.
Would you be annoyed?

PancakeInMaBelly Thu 08-Feb-18 19:21:09

No. Scratching an itch doesn't stop you saying yes please to a full body massage!.

PancakeInMaBelly Thu 08-Feb-18 19:22:03

The word Masterbation is allowed on MN for future reference

AuntTrotwood Thu 08-Feb-18 19:22:04

Unless the are issues with his sperm count it shouldn't matter, unless i suppose it means he's not up for sex.

colourful86 Thu 08-Feb-18 19:28:23

Just feel like I'm the only one making the full effort, tracking ovulation etc and all he has to do is make good quality sperm.
Maybe I'm being unreasonable then,
probably just hormonal hmm

PancakeInMaBelly Thu 08-Feb-18 19:31:39

Well yeah, that's how it works.
He's not unreasonable to have a rank though, it's prob a stress relieving want cause he's stressed about having his ranks audited!

PancakeInMaBelly Thu 08-Feb-18 19:32:23

Why won't auto text let me type WANK!?
WANK WANK WANK

bonzo77 Thu 08-Feb-18 19:36:20

Unless there’s make factor infertility, wanking makes no difference, the balls make loads of sperms, and they don’t run out. Though if you’re really worried you could ask him to jizz in a cup or condom and use a syringe to squirt it up you so it doesn’t go to waste. Sorry it’s a bit crude, but my middle child was probably conceived this way!

peachesarenom Thu 08-Feb-18 19:41:09

I heard it was good, you want fresh sperm for baby making unless he has sperm issues.

colourful86 Thu 08-Feb-18 19:47:26

I think TTC is just taking its toll on me emotionally, thanks all feel better now!

Darkstar4855 Thu 08-Feb-18 20:38:46

It helps sperm quality so as long as he’s not doing it ten times a day it’s probably a good thing! Also if it helps him cope with the stress of ttc then that’s good too.

bonzo77 Thu 08-Feb-18 20:53:30

TTC totally pays havoc with your head and relationship. Very hard to get a sensible perspective sometimes.

WildWindsBlowing Thu 08-Feb-18 21:02:27

It's all probably causing him a lot of tension which shows itself this way.
Just relax and leave him be or it will be a vicious circle.

Teetotal2018 Fri 09-Feb-18 06:50:20

People are allowed to do what they like to their own bodies, i’m afraid it’s not up to you!

Groinyo Fri 09-Feb-18 07:01:30

I read that he'd had three wanks since October! grin thought you were a bit harsh! I do think "at least" three times since Saturday is much if you are ttc though. You're meant to be having sex every other day for maximum count IIRC? So if he's wanking on those other days that's a bit crap. He can do as he likes but it does show a certain lack of commitment to the cause. Can he not contain himself a bit?

If you have only been trying since October and had one PG I would advice not getting too stressed about conception generally though unless you have other fertility issues? Ovulation tracking etc is generally only necessary if you are struggling and can cause unnecessary anxiety.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: