Talk

Advanced search

HELP

(9 Posts)
Caseyr0se Thu 08-Feb-18 11:51:21

been trying to conceive for 5 months now and no luck, getting a little worried as to why it's not happening, any advice

xLeanne128 Thu 08-Feb-18 11:55:16

Are you tracking your cycles in anyway? Opks or temping and do you have regular cycles x

QueenAravisOfArchenland Thu 08-Feb-18 11:58:27

That's normal. There's probably no reason why it "isn't happening".

If you are over 35 you could start some investigations after 6 months but if you are under 35 odds are heavily that you just haven't caught yet. Go to the doctor after a year.

Caseyr0se Thu 08-Feb-18 12:05:30

Yeah my periods are fairly regular I check for ovulation dates and have sex on them I'm only 22 just seems everyone I know gets pregnant faster than this, I have one baby (nearly a year) and was told I'd be super fertile but no luck

Caseyr0se Thu 08-Feb-18 12:08:08

I Had to have a manual removal of my placenta with my son so I'm worried this is caused damage inside

spugzbunny Thu 08-Feb-18 12:38:50

How are you checking your ovulation dates? If you are using an app they aren't accurate. You should look at using ovulation tests - you can get very cheap ones on the internet.

Try not to worry about the issue with your placenta. It's highly unlikely to have done any damage and the doctors would have told you if it did.

5 months is perfectly normal.

spugzbunny Thu 08-Feb-18 12:40:50

Also your baby is very young - are you still breastfeeding? Who told you that you'd be super fertile?

Caseyr0se Thu 08-Feb-18 16:25:07

I breastfed until he was 6 months he is nearly a year now, I will try ovulation tests as well, and someone told me to be careful after you've had a baby because it's really easy to fall pregnant again is that wrong then?

QueenAravisOfArchenland Thu 08-Feb-18 16:48:49

someone told me to be careful after you've had a baby because it's really easy to fall pregnant again is that wrong then?

It's sometimes true but more in the months immediately after birth, and (usually) especially if you don't breastfeed.

Honestly there is just a huge amount of luck and randomness in the process. Some people take ages to conceive first and then conceive again v quickly, some people are the other way round, but nothing you've said indicates there's any reason to worry yet. You are very young, you have a child already, the chances are extremely high you will conceive again before long.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now