Talk

Advanced search

How often do people have sex whiles trying to conceive

(20 Posts)
Kirstylee95 Thu 08-Feb-18 07:09:29

So the big question is how often do people baby dance whiles trying to conceive ?

Mrstobe90 Thu 08-Feb-18 07:20:43

I dtd every day up to ovulation day. Day before we did it twice and it worked smile

DragonsAndCakes Thu 08-Feb-18 07:21:55

Every day or every other day for three days before and after ovulation.

Kirstylee95 Thu 08-Feb-18 07:42:07

@Mrstobe90 oh I think me and oh will be baby dancing a lot we have only been doing it for 3 days a week so gunna try this technique I'm sure he won't mind hehe ! Thankyou for putting that it worked too ! @DragonsAndCakes did that work for you hunnie ? Xx

BigGreenOlives Thu 08-Feb-18 07:45:51

For DC2 every day I didn’t have my period until I conceived - took it v seriously & traveled with older child & husband to Florida & California on work trips to make sure it happened (obviously huge sacrifice). Once ready to conceive DC3 had sex twice. Haven’t had sex without contraception since.

Kirstylee95 Thu 08-Feb-18 07:48:45

@BigGreenOlives sorry to ask but what does dc2 mean I'm not very good with the lingo on here I no some bits just not everything xx

ClareB83 Thu 08-Feb-18 08:12:19

Every other day until high/peak fertility and then loads! Worked first time.

Isadora2007 Thu 08-Feb-18 08:14:20

We just carried on having regular sex across my cycle. It reduced stressin about it all and avoided any sense of doing it just to get pregnant which would have felt like a task. So every second day pretty much.

Isadora2007 Thu 08-Feb-18 08:14:55

Meant to say this worked and I was a woman in my early and then mid 30s.

Maidmummy Thu 08-Feb-18 08:15:55

For me and dp we were shocked to discover we were pregnant as we only had sex 3 times between cd7 and cd19 then nothing after that then 2 weeks later boom bfp. We have no idea how we did it on so little sex lol

Just goes to show you dont always need to be at it to get pregnant.

Although dp now thinks he has bragging rights, he thinks he has super sperm etc 😂😂

Littlelambpeep Thu 08-Feb-18 08:16:03

Every single day over the course of the month.
Wasn't taking any chances

lozzalou93 Thu 08-Feb-18 08:26:14

Ttc... 3times Sunday, 3 times Monday, twice tues and twice weds (ovulation day)! I know some people say every other day but the moment we are experimenting and having fun with it rather than stressing. Although I’ve had enough ‘fun’ for a while! Good luck all

Elmo230885 Thu 08-Feb-18 08:27:24

I'd had an implant for 9 years prior to having our DD (obviously not the same one, changed every three years). I had no periods during this time so had no idea about my cycle, but I doubt it would have made any difference to what we did even if I was aware. We DTD every other day from when the implant was taken out but tried not to see it as baby making sex iyswim. My husband had spoken to a friend and was told it took them over a year to conceive after his wife had had the implant for a similar amount of time. My husband almost fell of his chair when I showed him the positive test 6 weeks after we started trying.
I 100% realise how fortunate we were, hoping to to conceive baby number 2 (and final baby!!) later this year so fingers crossed.

spugzbunny Thu 08-Feb-18 08:34:37

I tracked my ovulation using ovulation tests and temperatures. Using that I followed SMEP which says that once your period ends, bang at it every other day then when you get a positive ovulation test shag 3 days in a row, miss a day and then one last go for good luck.

We tried for 6 mths and got pregnant the first month we did SMEP. You do lose some of the magic though! wink

Zadocthepriest Thu 08-Feb-18 08:37:15

For 1st baby and subsequent miscarriage, 2-3 times a week, took at least 6 months to conceive. Another 6 months later, still not pregnant. Began to go down the medical route.
A passing acquaintance (Thank you Mary in Redditch!) advised every single day.....it worked the 1st month on three occasions (another miscarriage, then a healthy baby, then number three, 17 months later)

I wonder if the frequency meant we were using healthier sperm.

BigGreenOlives Thu 08-Feb-18 08:41:07

@Kirstylee95 DC2 means second child. So DC was = dear/darling child, dc2 = dear 2nd child, dc 3 dear 3rd child. DC3 is now ending their school days so we've been very careful for a very long time.

DF usually means father but is sometimes used for friend or fiancé (which can make things confusing), DM mother etc.

Good luck with conceiving your first child smile.

Cakelaur Thu 08-Feb-18 09:05:22

We were trying for almost a year with no luck. Then tried SMEP (every other day then three days then skip one then once more) worked first time. Sadly lost it at 8 weeks. Now trying again with same tactic but didn't get a positive opk and I've now ovulated so we just DTD every other day. So we'll see.
GL with ttc! 🤞

awankstainonhumanity Thu 08-Feb-18 10:23:22

Once the entire month. It worked!

QueenofmyPrinces Thu 08-Feb-18 13:15:55

Ttc... 3times Sunday, 3 times Monday, twice tues and twice weds (ovulation day)!

Bloody hell!!! grin

With first baby we did it 3 times over the course of 10 days. I wasn’t tracking my cycles or using OPKs.

With my second baby we had sex once in the space of 10 days which was the day before I got a positive OPK.

Celebelly Thu 08-Feb-18 13:22:42

Every day in fertile period then back to normal for rest of month. I had a chem pregnancy last month in our first cycle TTC so it obviously worked!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: