Talk

Advanced search

Clots

(5 Posts)
FingersXssd83 Wed 07-Feb-18 13:30:40

Has anyone had a bfp whilst having lots of clots and very little fresh blood in their period? I'm just about to move onto cycle 8 (age 34) and have convinced myself that it won't happen for me. AF is less than a week away so I'm in the 2WW and I'm going thoroughly bonkers with health anxiety atmconfused

Daisymalone Wed 07-Feb-18 16:12:36

I've not had the clots but after coming off the pill my periods were regular, but consisted of little more than brown smears with next to no red blood. Couldn't even fill a light tampon. I took red clover extract and drank raspberry leaf tea before ovulation (supposed to be uterine tonic) and b6 after ovulation and it seems to have helped massively (along with seven seas trying for a baby) I conceived on cycle 4 which sadly ended in miscarriage but my last period was completely normal. Currently in the 2ww(cycle 6) but am a lot more hopeful my lining can better support an embryo now. I'm 31 btw

FingersXssd83 Wed 07-Feb-18 19:10:34

Thanks for your reply @Daisymalone I bought B6 the other day and will have a go at the red clover and raspberry! Where did you get them from and are there any specific brands that you'd recommend? x

Daisymalone Wed 07-Feb-18 19:32:14

I got them both at Holland and Barratt. I think you can get red clover in a variety of forms but I went with the extract as it seemed a bit more natural than tablets. I've only seen the raspberry leaf tea in health shops, I've never seen it in supermarkets. Be careful to only take both for the first half of your cycle as they are not suitable after ovulation x

FingersXssd83 Wed 07-Feb-18 19:59:30

Great thanks for the heads up @Daisymalone Wishing you lots of luck with getting your BFP this month! thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now