Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Anyone tried additional supplements for recurrent mc?

(11 Posts)
mum267 Wed 07-Feb-18 09:26:20

I've recently experienced 2 mc in a row, even though I've had a child 2 years ago I am a bit concerned. I have been reading 'it starts with an egg' and lots of online posts etc. Has anyone tried additional supplementation - the likes of inositol, NAS, folate, Ubiquinol, melatonin, alpha liphoic acid, Wobenzym N? Any stories worth sharing?

Whyisitsodifficult Wed 07-Feb-18 09:28:21

Low dose daily aspirin worked for me after 6 MC! Good luck it's worth trying.

mum267 Wed 07-Feb-18 09:32:26

Brilliant! My doc said he will definitely be putting me on aspirin and progesterone smile wonder if there are any other magic supplements out there? But I'm happy with just aspirin- nice and simple!

mamabear05 Wed 07-Feb-18 11:59:12

I've recently had two early losses (6 and 5 weeks) after 3 healthy children. No problems before.

My GP has advised me to take pregnacare conception plus a baby aspirin of an evening from BFP. We tried this after our first loss but obviously it didn't work. She has now advised me to take the baby aspiring throughout my cycle to help thicken the lining of my uterus and has done a general test for thyroid problems. Just awaiting the results now.

Will let you know if it makes a difference this cycle! Currently on CD8 and usually ovulate around CD17 of a 32 day cycle. Fingers crossed xx

mum267 Wed 07-Feb-18 13:31:12

@mamabear05 good luck!! Let us know how it goes xx

pumpkinpie01 Wed 07-Feb-18 14:12:02

Progesterone did it for me after 4 miscarriages, good luck !! xx

jimijack Wed 07-Feb-18 14:19:47

High dose folic acid, 1000mgs as I recall.
Also prenacare but I took this off my own back.

I was given progesterone, baby aspirin and possibly clexane injections, high dose folic acid by Liverpool 're occurring miscarriage clinic.
Did nothing but made the next miscarriage last longer and be much much more painful if that's possible.

In the end, after 7 miscarriages, we gave up, stopped taking every thing, stopped trying, I went and got the pill.
Ds has just turned 5 and was conceived after miscarriage number 7. grin

keeponrunning85 Wed 07-Feb-18 14:20:18

I gave ubiquinol a go after my third miscarriage was found to be due to a chromosomal problem. I went on to have a fourth miscarriage but this one waa genetically normal. I also had a problem with my uterus which I had operated on in October. Then took ubiquinol again and am currently nearly 12 weeks pregnant which is the furthest I've ever got. I have also been taking Aspirin since I got my BFP.

I have no idea if the ubiquinol made any difference and realistically it is the surgery that has helped, but it made me feel a little better and like I was doing something.

WelshMammy123 Wed 07-Feb-18 14:33:24

I was prescribed cyclogest (progesterone) which I used from cd 14/15 through to AF. I then carried on using these through to 12 weeks when I got my BFP. I was also told to take low dose aspirin, high dose folic acid and clexane (I was diagnosed with v factor leiden just before falling pregnant this time). I'm now at 21 weeks so so far so good.

Supplements wise I started taking pregnacare but only a few weeks ago when my doctor mentioned I should be.

I've taken numerous combinations of things in the past when ttc the first time around so this time decided to initially just strip it back to folic acid. Hope it all works out for you soon x

Greencolour Wed 07-Feb-18 15:04:17

Not sure if this was helpful or not as I only had one mc but was desperate to try anything. I also had a child before the mc. I gave myself a break of 3 months before ttc during which I took vitamin D, folic acid, vitamic C, switched to decaf coffee, no sugar/sweetners, ate loads of pineapple during the tww. When I started trying again, I did fall pregnant and am now 25 weeks. I didn't take aspirin as I was scared as the pharmacist didn't want to sell it to me. As it is, I started taking aspirin prescribed by the consultant from 12 weeks as I have low PAPP A. Good luck and I hope you get your bfp soon x

BifsWif Thu 08-Feb-18 11:33:31

I had three consecutive miscarriages, I took progesterone (cyclogest) from the day after ovulation and went on to have a successful pregnancy. I’d taken low dose aspirin and still miscarried the third time so I’m convinced the progesterone helped.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: