Talk

Advanced search

Brown spot of blood or discharge before period

(13 Posts)
Kirstylee95 Tue 06-Feb-18 14:44:14

Hi ladies slightly embarrassing but me and my partner been ttc and it's 5 days til my af is due but last night I had a spot of brown blood or discharge in my undies then same happened today but I've had nothing else and when I pee or wipe there isn't really anything on loo roll either sorry for tmi any suggestions ?

Namechangeuser Tue 06-Feb-18 14:49:43

Could be an implantation bleed, I had this with my second pregnancy

Secretlifeofme Tue 06-Feb-18 14:53:01

Hi @Kirstylee95, I have had the exact same thing this month! Period due on Friday but I have had brown spotting (as in 1 spot per day!) on Saturday and again yesterday and today. I am really hoping it is implantation but I don't know! Fingers crossed for you x

Kirstylee95 Tue 06-Feb-18 14:55:35

@Secretlifeofme it's sounds so horrible I actually googled brown spot it's so odd just odd spot here and there if it's af I want it to turn into af if it's ib I want a positive I hate waiting ahhh !! Does anyone no how long ib last ? X

Secretlifeofme Tue 06-Feb-18 14:59:22

That's the thing, I have found conflicting information about ib. Some websites suggest that it's only 1 or 2 days but some suggest it can go on for several days and that it could still be ib as long as it's not increasing (in which case it's turning into AF). At the moment I don't know what's going on but I'm really hoping it isn't AF!

Kirstylee95 Tue 06-Feb-18 15:02:24

@Secretlifeofme I'm the same mine isn't everytine I wipe either it was just odd spot but i do however have some odd cramping let's keep updating and hopefully we both get some good news xx

Secretlifeofme Tue 06-Feb-18 15:03:36

I have cramping too! But really light, nothing like AF. Yes, keep me posted xflowers

Kirstylee95 Tue 06-Feb-18 15:25:13

@Secretlifeofme will do baby dust too all I no my nipples have abit of a burning sensation to them too 🤦‍♀️ watch out were symptom spotters x

Kirstylee95 Wed 07-Feb-18 07:24:28

Guess mine wasn't ment to be af just arrived 😌🤦‍♀️

Secretlifeofme Wed 07-Feb-18 11:15:30

Ah I'm really sorry! I think mine is on the way too as the bleeding hasn't really increased but hasn't stopped either sad baby dust to you for next month x

melissafrancis Wed 07-Feb-18 20:42:16

I have a similar issue/query!

Well I had pink/brown spotting Thursday 1st and Friday 2nd. Just once per day. Saturday nothing at all. Sunday a red streak but once at 11.00am. Monday and Tuesday once or twice brown spotting, maybe a pink tinge/barely any red. So confused, as thurs and fri I thought maybe it was implantation bleed potential. Then initially I thought AF was arriving Sunday, now I've no idea what to think! confused I don't know if I'm still counting Cycle days or if I should be starting new and if it was a "tiny period". Can anyone help??

Secretlifeofme Wed 07-Feb-18 23:27:54

Hi @melissafrancis, it's confusing isn't it? Lots of websites suggest that ib should only last a very short time, but I have had this spotting on and off since Saturday now, and no sign of it developing into AF! Then if you Google, you get a lot of women saying that their IB lasted several days. I don't know what to think but I'm wishing you luck anyway flowers

melissafrancis Thu 08-Feb-18 12:21:56

@Secretlifeofme - Yes exactly! Thank you, you too flowers however I am going to officially call this now cycle two, as I did a test this morning and it was a definite BFN. I'll call Sunday's "red streak" and the following two days as a light light period, so now technically on cycle day 5. It's the best I've got to go on for now, I guess it just being the first month off of the mini pill, my hormones are still settling.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now