Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

When should I test again?

(6 Posts)
Schwanengesang Sat 03-Feb-18 22:09:23

First ovulation post DC1 was 23 Jan; DTD 26 Jan.

Felt pregnant since Weds 31 Jan (faint, slightly sick, slightly headachy, sense of smell suddenly insanely sensitive: I have been pregnant 8 times and it is totally specific and starts very soon after conception every time).

Tested yesterday with First response, negative. In previous pregnancies there would at least be a very faint line by now.

When to test again?

Cakelaur Sun 04-Feb-18 09:00:27

If you ovulated on 23rd you’ve only got a mega slim chance to catching the egg if you DTD on 26th. The egg only lives about 12-24 hours after released. So if you DTD three days later it may no have caught.
You should also be 11dpo now. Which should show a faint positive. But you could wait until 14dpo then test. 🤞

Schwanengesang Sun 04-Feb-18 09:12:04

Ovulation could have been later - basing it on mittelschmerz and I have never actually known what the precise mechanism of mittelschmerz is (ie is it the follicle swelling, bursting, is it fallopian tube pain, etc - which could make a difference of a few days). But yes, I agree the chances of pregnancy are pretty slim.

But if I'm not crap why have I been feeling faint, sick, headachy, having a massively sensitive sense of smeel and pain, and being tired in a way I have only ever felt in early pregnancy?

Fertilization followed by luteal failure? I am still breastfeeding a lot (probably only very rarely going 6 hours between feeds, more like 2 most of the time), and DS is 15 months so am in borderline territory for ovulation and luteal phase being competent anyway.

Schwanengesang Sun 04-Feb-18 09:13:26

"But if i'm not crap"

Freudian slip... meant to say "but if I'm not pregnant"

(I am a bit ambivalent about having a second DC...)

Cakelaur Sun 04-Feb-18 17:02:27

It totally is possible. And if your hoping for a bfp then I really hope it is. You know your body. Test again with fmu on an frer in a couple of days and that should give you your answer. If you’re pregnant enough to have symptoms then it should show up on a test.

Schwanengesang Wed 07-Feb-18 04:40:46

Stopped feeling pregnant Sunday night. Tested Monday, negative. But now feeling pregnant again. WTF is going on?!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: