Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Clomid

(4 Posts)
hummusscot Fri 02-Feb-18 21:23:32

Can someone talk to me about clomid?

We've been trying for a wee while now and have a referral to the clinic for further testing. We had an appointment in November and were told that I will get an ink test to check my tubes, and that a letter should be through by January. No letter yet so I'll be chasing that up ASAP.

I'm just wondering though, if it's possible to get a clomid prescription from the GP. We want to keep trying with best results possible whilst waiting for tests. I've got a GP appointment in a couple of weeks so thought I'd find out and if it's possible I'll ask when I'm there.

Thanks!

Scrumptiousbears Fri 02-Feb-18 21:42:14

From my personal experience I had all the tests including that dye one and the 21 day blood tests plus my partner had the sperm count. We then had a consultant appointment who looked at the results and prescribed Clomid. I got pregnant on my second month. I do not think a GP will prescribe as it depends on any problem they detect. Our issue was that i wasn't ovulating so Clomid helped us. There is no point in taking this drug if for instance your tubes are blocks or the sperm count is really low.

NC1990 Fri 02-Feb-18 23:09:52

You should really be monitored while on clomid (scans to make sure your ovaries don't over-respond and bloods to confirm ovulation) so it's better to be under the care of a consultant gynaecologist. As frustrating as it is, I would just wait.

Fuzzyduck21 Wed 07-Feb-18 09:17:15

Hi I conceived ds1 on clomid. You won't get a prescription from the GP as they are unable to prescribe it - needs to be from the consultant at the hospital. They are likely to prescribe it after you tube test (that's what happened to me) plus they're likely to want to monitor you while on it. Hopefully you won't have much longer to wait! We were lucky and conceived on cycle 1 with Clomid and now 32 wks with #2 who happened naturally so hope I've given you some hope! X

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: