Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

TTC #3 - Anyone?

(18 Posts)
SweetMummy911 Fri 26-Jan-18 15:44:11

Just started TTC #3 - first month and not really prepared this time round (not even bought OPKs confused).

Just over a year ago we lost a baby (would have been #3) and I have been terrified of TTC again ever since.

Words of encouragement needed flowers

Pretty sure I'm ovulating this weekend - just bought some OPKs from Amazon but not sure if they'll get here on time!

DTD last night and feel almost relieved that the big wait is over - baby dust to all who are TTC flowers

nicnacnew Fri 26-Jan-18 16:00:39

Hi, we are also ttc#3. Proving far more difficult than the first two times. Probably a bit mad for wanting another dc's are 9 & 12, can't belove o want to go back to baby stage.

nicnacnew Fri 26-Jan-18 16:01:38

Sorry you've had a rough time, hope you get your bfp quickly flowers

SweetMummy911 Fri 26-Jan-18 16:05:00

Hi nicnacnew I'm the same - can't quite believe DH and I are trying for another one. We have 5 and nearly 3 year old.

How long have you been trying for? I'm 31, I fear it will take me a bit longer than my first 2 pregnancies when I was in my twenties!

nicnacnew Sat 27-Jan-18 08:29:22

We have been trying for about 3 years, I am 34 definitely seems to be easier in your 20s.

Submariner Sat 27-Jan-18 10:57:34

We're on first month. We have a 6 year old and a 4 year old. Trying not to get too caught up in the madness yet as I wait for the effects of the mirena to settle out. We sound similar to others. First two in early twenties, this time I'm nearly 31.

iniquity Sat 27-Jan-18 22:40:26

TTC no 3 too, 5 months nothing so far but we haven't really tried very hard yet. Last one took 5 months to make . I'm 33 and worried about age yet I know so many older women who had no problem. My mum took a year to make me at the same age so I guess I'll just have to be patient. It's nice not being on the pill so every cloud has its silver lining.

NoseringGirl Sun 28-Jan-18 00:09:57

@SweetMummy911 I think we've spoken on the Feb bus thread <waves>

We're planning to start TTC #3 in May but haven't been overly careful this month so I'm in the 2WW. Not sure exactly where I am in that though as my cycles are fairly irregular (though not as bad as they used to be).
DS1 is 4 and DS2 has just turned 1. They took 16 months and 17 months to conceive so doubt it'll be a quick journey for us. I'm 34 now and feeling the pressure of age a bit more this time!

SweetMummy911 Mon 29-Jan-18 14:36:22

Thanks for your replies ladies and nice to know I'm not the only one TTC #3!
Currently waiting for my big smile face on my CB OPK - was hoping it'd be today but got a negative results! First month trying and nearly 31 smile flowers

My first was a beautiful accident (aged 24)

My second took 4 months (aged 28)

My halo angel halo baby took 2 months (aged 29)

I hope it's not long til we all get our BFP flowers

iniquity Mon 29-Jan-18 17:54:31

How is everyone today? Anyone in 2 ww? I am but I missed my fertile window. So I'm going try and not symptom spot.

SweetMummy911 Mon 29-Jan-18 18:09:31

Hi iniquity I’m currently in my fertile window even though still waiting on smiley face on my CB OPK confused

My 2ww officially start on Thursday

Baby dust to all flowers

iniquity Mon 29-Jan-18 18:17:25

Hi Sweetmummy
I'm sure you'll get your smiley soon. My Dp never seems interested during the fertile days, which I don't get a sense apparently I should be more attractive at that time. I never tell him when the special window is as it would put him off lol. He is in no rush.

somersetsoul Mon 29-Jan-18 20:00:05

Also trying ttc #3! My two are 9 and 7 but with a lovely new partner this time smile So looking forward to hopefully doing this with someone nice.

I'm more nervous this time around about pregnancy/child birth etc but not the baby stage!

Good luck to everyone smile

somersetsoul Mon 29-Jan-18 20:01:39

I think I ovulated on Friday or Saturday so I'm on the 2ww. I did have pink mc this morning and have been cramping a bit. I never had an IB with my other two so don't know if it is or not! I wish they made a really early test!

NoseringGirl Mon 29-Jan-18 21:04:07

I'm desperate to test. I'm somewhere between 7-12DPO I think. So I'm either just late (LP is around 11 days) or way too early to test. DH reckons I should wait until CD30 (my last couple of cycles were around 26 days) to test because he has no idea what it's like to be constantly symptom spotting! That's 8 days away!!

SweetMummy911 Thu 01-Feb-18 12:42:27

Finally got my peak fertility result yesterday afternoon!! The 2ww begins today shock.....

lucylondon32 Fri 09-Feb-18 07:48:18

Hi, I'm ttc #3, I just knew with my last pregnancy that it wouldn't be the last! I'm 32 and in the two week wait, trying really hard not to symptom spot and to stay calm and relaxed x

SweetMummy911 Fri 09-Feb-18 09:12:55

Hi Lucylondon32 I’m in similar situation - mum of 2 TTC #3 - this is cycle 1 and AF due on 15th

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: