Talk

Advanced search

Ava Fertility Bracelet (feedback, reviews?)

(265 Posts)
felicityheather Mon 22-Jan-18 10:40:41

Hi ladies,

Would love to know how people have got on with this bracelet? Is it worth the £200 price tag?

Many thanks x

Hi everyone! If, like OP, you're after an Ava bracelet to track your cycle, you can get your hands on one here. MNHQ.

Cake20189 Mon 22-Jan-18 11:32:30

Bump, I would be interested in this too. I’ve spent more than that on OPKs alone....

Miserablemouse Mon 22-Jan-18 12:24:51

Another bump here as also intrigued.

felicityheather Sat 27-Jan-18 20:06:56

Guess no one uses it!!

Cake20189 Sat 27-Jan-18 20:59:30

felicityheather no I guess not, perhaps it’s because they are new?

Llondbol Sat 10-Feb-18 13:21:07

I'm curious about this too - read a few people's comments on the Glow app and they seem positive...

NoseringGirl Sat 10-Feb-18 14:00:22

I have one! It just arrived yesterday though so not used it long enough for a proper review. It seems pretty cool though. I woke up to a load of data about my body from over night. It feels like a more accurate way of getting a BBT than a thermometer in the morning. I'm really looking forward to seeing what it picks up over the next few cycles.

felicityheather Sat 10-Feb-18 16:26:10

Hey @NoseringGirl think I recognise you from the February bus?! I bought one too! Still waiting for it to arrive, ordered it nearly a fortnight - how long did yours take? X

WelshMammy123 Sat 10-Feb-18 16:34:50

I have one too! Used it for about 5 months and started to see that there might be an issue around ovulation so went for some tests. Turns out I was ovulating - or at least did the month I had the scan - but my progesterone was low. Was given cyclogest and then fell pregnant. I've not used it during the pregnancy although I know you can do so now. It is expensive but like a pp said you can spend a fortune on ov tests without even realising it. I'd recommend the bracelet and the Facebook page is very supportive as well.

As an aside when I was asking questions about it a while ago I didn't get any responses as it's so new over here!

NoseringGirl Sun 11-Feb-18 00:30:50

@felicityheather I was indeed on the feb bus! I think it took nearly a month to arrive. I emailed them the other day and asked why it hadn't been dispatched yet. They were really apologetic and said they'd had a stock shortage but some had just come so they'd be sent out the next day. It arrived about 3 days later. I think it came from Germany?
Worth sending them a message about it!

NoseringGirl Sun 11-Feb-18 09:15:37

If anyone is planning to buy one, I can give you my referral code for £20 off the price. Just drop me a PM.

NoseringGirl Tue 13-Feb-18 13:35:17

Discount link here if anyone is thinking about buying it...
http://avawomen.ref-r.com/c/i/12607/8299303

Llondbol Tue 13-Feb-18 14:18:47

Thanks @NoseringGirl I'll take a look 😊

felicityheather Thu 15-Feb-18 07:52:08

@NoseringGirl it's finally arrived. Right in the middle of my fertile week so the values are all over the place with no baseline! I'm temping also to try to follow what's going on.

NoseringGirl Thu 15-Feb-18 11:17:28

Apparently it can take a few cycles to get to know you but also a few nights wearing it to get accurate data as it learns about your sleep patterns.
Have you joined their Facebook group? I've learnt loads on there!

felicityheather Thu 15-Feb-18 16:34:23

Is it good? I don't really want it all over my Facebook that I'm ttc

NoseringGirl Thu 15-Feb-18 17:08:42

It's a closed group so your posts won't show to anyone outside the group and it's just called Ava ambassadors so it doesn't really give anything away if someone sees the band. You need your order number (or email address you used to order your bracelet) to get in as well so it's fairly secure.
I find it quite useful, there's general TTC posts but also a lot of stuff that's specific to using Ava.

felicityheather Thu 15-Feb-18 18:14:44

Ah ok thanks. I might give it ago.

Ellanatin Tue 27-Mar-18 12:47:05

Hi ladies any update on the Ava fertility bracelet? Thinking of buying but don't want to waste money? 🤷‍♀️

NoseringGirl Tue 27-Mar-18 13:36:30

I really like mine! I get excited to look at the data every morning. Even just for temping, I find it much more accurate than just BBT. I'm only on my second cycle and even though my cycles vary in length, Ava is already getting my predictions pretty accurately. It's all very clever.
There's also a Facebook group you can join when you've bought one that is really helpful.

felicityheather Tue 27-Mar-18 13:43:46

Hey! I'm on my second cycle too... I like it but it is a lot of money. I like that I don't have to wake up the same time every day to temp etc. I'm having a crappy long annovulatory cycle but no issues with Ava - just my ovaries!! The Facebook group is pretty good too.

felicityheather Tue 27-Mar-18 13:47:44

http://avawomen.ref-r.com/c/i/12607/8760403

My link for £20 if anyone wants

felicityheather Tue 27-Mar-18 13:48:08

£20 off*

Ellanatin Thu 12-Apr-18 01:07:26

I have had my Ava bracelet for a week now. Haven't had a period or ovulation etc yet I'm due on next week, but really enjoying reading my stats in the morning. Love that I can finally start to understand my own body better.x

Ellanatin Mon 30-Apr-18 10:30:35

Hi ladies another update on Ava. So my cycle is 30days which means as standard I am meant to ovulate on day 16. My Ava detected I should ovulate on day 14 according to my data (which was yesterday). Sorry tmi but I got the egg white discharge slight period like cramps and done a clear blue ovulation test and had the smiley face 🙂! I am sooo impressed with Ava already. Love it and well worth the money. It has however gone up to £249?! So my sis in law is gutted she didn't buy it sooner!

FifiW14 Fri 01-Jun-18 19:14:48

Hi, recently bought the Ava fertility bracelet.
Referral link below, so far really impressed with the information it tracks.
avawomen.ref-r.com/c/i/12607/11812076

PinkFlamenco Fri 06-Jul-18 20:43:05

So, I'm a little late to the party on this one. New to mums net. Just purchased Ava (thanks @NoseringGirl for discount code) - keen to here about people's latest experiences. I've got to wait at least two weeks till it comes...

BELewis Tue 24-Jul-18 21:12:00

Hi all, what Is your feedback for the Ava bracelet? Thinking of getting one but wants to know if any of you have been successful in getting pregnant?

PinkFlamenco Tue 24-Jul-18 22:00:01

Hi, mine arrived last week (after a two week wait) and I've been using for the past 7 days. The data it shows is really interesting, but too early to tell if its helped identify best time to try and get pregnant - keeping my fingers crossed though. If you'd like a referral code to get £20 off (as they are pretty pricey) let me know and I can share 😊

BELewis Tue 24-Jul-18 22:11:32

Thank you, I’m hoping to hear some reviews before I purchase as it is a lot of money. 3 years TTC so far 😩
Yes please, would love the link.

PinkFlamenco Tue 24-Jul-18 22:38:43

Aww, I know what you mean @BELewis - I was nervous about buying at first given the price tag and that there wasn't a lot out there in terms of reviews apart from on Ava's website (where they are trying to sell it, so no negatives obvs!!!). From the limited things I had seen and heard though I thought it was worth a shot. We've been trying to conceive for 6 months now and I thought this seemed a more relaxed and (long term) cost effective way to track given the amount of time and money people on Mum's Net were saying they were spending on different testing. It does take about 2 weeks to arrive though and it's good to try and time using it from the start of your cycle in terms of the data collection, so just be mindful of that when ordering. I've sent you the code over in a separate message if you're interested smile

NoseringGirl Tue 24-Jul-18 22:42:01

I've been using mine to track cycles since March but only on our 3rd cycle of properly TTC. I did get pregnant on my last cycle but sadly ended in a chemical. I love my Ava and it does a decent job of predicting my fertile window even though it can vary each month.

BELewis Tue 24-Jul-18 23:14:18

Thank you both! Think I might just get it! The reviews I have read seem pretty good so worth a try I suppose. I'm out of ideas now, we've tried everything we can think of! Thank you for the code @PinkFlamenco smile

PinkFlamenco Wed 25-Jul-18 07:30:42

@NoseringGirl, I'm so sorry to hear that 😪 Appreciate it doesn't probably make it any easier but from what I've read chemical pregnancies are quite common. If you dont mind me asking (please ignore if you do) but did you know it was a pregnancy from your signs and symptoms or did you go to the GP to confirm? Also, with your Ava, how long did you use it for before started shifting your originally predicted fertile dates based on your data? Mine hasn't yet but think that's because it's still early days, and I havent used it for a full cycle.
@BELewis - wishing you all the very best on your pregnancy journey. If you go for an Ava, I hope it takes some of the "tracking stress" out of it for you 😁😁

NoseringGirl Wed 25-Jul-18 07:54:37

@PinkFlamenco it took Ava around 3 cycles (including the first partial one) before my fertile window was right. It still sometimes gets moved during my cycle but I get an alert.
My pregnancy was confirmed on pregnancy tests (I did several). GPs don't tend to confirm pregnancy (I've got two children and they've never repeated pregnancy tests or done blood tests) as they say home pregnancy tests are so accurate. Mine just refer straight to the midwife. I didn't get that far though as I started bleeding less than 48 hours after my first positive test.

Fluffypinksodas Wed 25-Jul-18 16:07:52

Hi ladies, I am thinking about getting one but my cycles are all over the place, some are 35 days some 45, will it work? Does anyone have a referral code/discount code I could use? Thanks

NoseringGirl Wed 25-Jul-18 17:20:23

@Fluffypinksodas if you PM me I can give you a code. Ava doesn't count cycles that are over 35 days in the predictions though so it might not predict your cycles that well. If you usually chart bbt though you'll probably find the temps from Ava give an easier to read pattern.
My cycles vary and since using Ava have usually been between 25-28 days but I had one 34 day anovulatory cycle. It still does a decent job of predicting my cycles though.

PinkFlamenco Wed 25-Jul-18 19:40:41

Thanks @NoseringGirl - that's really helpful to know. I think I'm just excited to see a couple of cycles worth of data which I think is what is making me inpatient 😊 Really happy with how its working so far though.

MrsEnger Wed 22-Aug-18 16:13:36

Thanks @FifiW14 I've just used your link to get discount to order one Ava. (Waiting time is longer now. They only shipped it out after 2 weeks, I'm still waiting for it to arrive. I guess it's getting more popular.)

I must be the dumbest of all, having been TTC for 7 years and I've just learnt that fertile days are 5 and not only 1-2 per month! >_<

Lots of grief in the past, started by an ectopic pregnancy then followed by 8 rounds of failed IVF, aggressive or mild. Sometimes I get an "empty bona", sometimes chemical pregnancy ... typical LER (low egg reserve) situation.

Afraid of missing the last ship, I've been studying online & books, I learnt that apparently LER doesn't slow speed of natural conception; learnt about the right vitamins & supplements to take, also learnt about Ava. I'm going to take it seriously and follow the advice & instructions, see if it will work out and give me a sorely needed happy ending... will keep you posted.

Once I receive the Ava I'll come back to share the link to return the favor.

felicityheather Mon 24-Sep-18 21:49:27

Just thought I'd say if anyone's interested, i eventually made the whole price of the bracelet back through referrals then they stopped paying it lol. Just by this post. I've not put it anywhere else I don't think!

felicityheather Mon 24-Sep-18 21:50:17

Plus I've now got my BFP. Don't rate the pregnancy side of the app that much. But it's not it's primary purpose.

BELewis Mon 24-Sep-18 22:13:59

Congratulations @felicityheather

I finally took the plunge and bought it! CD1 today so this will be my first full cycle!

Referral code if anyone new to the thread would like £20 off http://avawomen.ref-r.com/c/i/12607/16344635

PinkFlamenco Tue 25-Sep-18 07:38:05

Fantastic news @felicityheather 😊😊

I've used ava for 2 cycles now and find the data really interesting. Just for my own general nosiness @felicityheather did ava give you an indication/alerts to say your data might suggest you are pregnant?

felicityheather Tue 25-Sep-18 08:04:52

@PinkFlamenco yes and no! I had great trends with hr and br but my temp was useless this month! Both the other parameters looked triphasic.

MrsEnger Fri 28-Sep-18 12:53:47

Got ava for 30 days, so far it predicted 2 times ovulation, I am not that convinced. I'm under impression that it is simply "calculating the dates based on the past data I've input" and not using live bio statistics it is supposed to collect from me. I'm waiting for it to gather more data from me to "know me better" and see if it works any better.

Right after I got Ava, it predicted I was going to ovulate in a few days. On the predicted day, it says no enough sign show I've actually ovulated and suggested me TTC another day. -- However I got my period 19 days after that day, which is different to my expected 12-14 days gap between ovulation and period.

Now, almost a month later, 30 days after I've got Ava, it is predicting ovulation in 4 days. However I already got ovulation pain yesterday. (following 2-3 days of cervical mucus), either my pain & mucus was false alarm or Ava didn't get that message from my body. (I did forget to wear Ava for the first time, 2 days ago though, but only once.)

As promised, here is my referral code, feel free to use it to get £20 off
avawomen.ref-r.com/c/i/12607/18107537

MommaBeeee Sat 29-Sep-18 10:59:29

I wasn’t sure about buying Ava but after TTC for 15 months I gave in. On the second month of wearing it I fell pregnant and would recommend it to anyone trying. It’s a lot of money, but even when you’re pregnant the app is really good. Plus, I would’ve given anything to get pregnant! 5 weeks and counting!

Ladylorax Sun 07-Oct-18 22:14:42

Hi All,

We have been TTC a 2nd child for 3 years now and in this time I have been diagnosed with PCOS. Looking on the Ava website it says it doesn't work with PCOS if cycles are longer than 35 days. Some of my cycles are pretty long. Just wondering if anyone with PCOS/long cycles has tried the AVA and if yes did the temp charts show ovulation?

Thanks!

MommaBeeee Mon 08-Oct-18 00:26:29

I really wouldn’t buy it if your cycles aren’t regular or if you have PCOS.

Cleozeta Mon 08-Oct-18 10:10:52

My cycles aren't regular, but I've found it good for temp tracking (takes all the faff out of morning bbt) it's easy to spot when ov happened - and also is goimg to happen, by looking at the daily data, even if the ava predictions are wrong

Sarah482 Sat 13-Oct-18 08:19:52

Thanks @BELewis for the discount code. Just ordered mine x

BELewis Sat 13-Oct-18 10:10:57

@Sarah482 you’re welcome! Hope it brings you some luck! I’m on my first full month using it 🤞🏻

Cleozeta Sat 13-Oct-18 11:34:16

avawomen.ref-r.com/c/i/12607/15728512

Another code if anyone else is thinking of getting one smile

Landladymews Sun 14-Oct-18 07:56:19

Hi Ladies

I used mine for a month and fell pregnant. I’m looking to sell mine for £150 if anyone is interested please message me.

Eliyana85 Sat 20-Oct-18 09:15:47

@landladymews what generation is your bracelet.

I am new here and have been ttc for 4 years now, with 2 mc(one earlier this year). Have had plenty irregular periods during 4 years, i feel the implant messed my system up , everything was regular prior to it. My periods were stable all year after mc, but this month all over shop again. which has bought me crashing down again emotionally.

im desperate to try anything, reading the reviews seem positive, but the price is holding me back.

Anyone have any advice for me, thank you. x

MrsEnger Sat 20-Oct-18 10:05:10

How come so many "first round success" stories? -- many congratulations anyway...
...just wondering why it doesn't seem to work for me? My first 2 Ava "predictions" turns out to be quite a few days off: 1st one, was 19 days before the period;
2nd one, after I had cervical mucus, and then dried up, then 3 days later comes the "predicted ovulation day".
Is it just me? What am I missing?

KateBovellLondon Mon 22-Oct-18 22:19:47

Hello, I’d be interested in buying @landladymews
Let me know how best to arrange?

Landladymews Tue 23-Oct-18 09:14:28

Hi,

I’ve received a number of messages about my Ava and continue to do so. I just wanted to say that I’ve sold it to someone yesterday. Best of luck everyone!

Bernie203 Tue 23-Oct-18 15:41:19

Hi
Need advice, I’ve just pre ordered the Ava 2.0 not sure how different it is from Ava 1.2.
I’m still breast feeding during day , usually no feeding during nite so my periods vary in length, for the bracelet to work would I need to wean altogether? Does your cycle length need to be consistent every month... I know it needs to be under 35 days in length ( which is fine) it’s gonna be another 6-8 weeks so thought I have time to wean if that’s best?
If anyone needs a discount codes here’s mine
avawomen.ref-r.com/c/i/12607/19261437

Kiwheeler1311 Tue 06-Nov-18 19:23:17

Hello all
I’ve just purchased my Ava,
Fingers are firmly crossed.

If anyone needs a link for £20 off use the below
avawomen.ref-r.com/c/i/12607/19559287

Thanks all

NoseringGirl Tue 06-Nov-18 21:44:36

@Bernie203 I'm still breastfeeding and using Ava. I'm having a crazy long cycle at the moment (long story) but before that it was working well for me! No need to wean!

legan08 Fri 09-Nov-18 14:01:32

Just ordered my Ava bracelet and got £20 off by using the referral scheme.

Use my link to get £20 off your order- every little helps! avawomen.ref-r.com/c/i/12607/20204668

Lulu138 Sun 11-Nov-18 10:02:20

Our Ava arrived last month and I'm loving seeing my data every morning. I was so sick of using OPK tests and didn't fancy my chances of getting reliable temperature readings measuring it myself every morning, and we had been trying for number 2 for 7 months and were beginning to lose hope as it happened so quickly the first time. Ava definitely takes the stress out of trying to take manual readings/tests and there is a lot of support available online. It can take a bit of effort to figure out what your results mean but users can post their charts in the Facebook group if they need help interpreting them and there are a lot of experienced users/admins who offer help. I'm now pregnant and still tracking my data in pregnancy mode, and looking forward to using it to help conceive number 3 faster! If anyone would like £20 off please use my referral code avawomen.ref-r.com/c/i/12607/20070354

@Bernie203 I've seen the admins on the facebook group suggest deleting the first day of your period from the Ava app, closing it and then opening and re-entering it. Apparently it makes Ava re-analyse your data and makes the predictions more accurate, so maybe give that a try?

MrsNJB2812 Sat 17-Nov-18 08:01:44

Hi! I ordered my Ava bracelet 3-4 weeks ago so should have delivery in about 2-4 weeks. (6-8 week wait on delivery) I have just found out I am pregnant already. shock
I am looking to sell it once it arrives if anyone is interested.
It will completely brand new and in all original packaging. smile I won’t wven get it out of the box!
Xxxx

Sshsecretenclosed Sat 17-Nov-18 10:45:05

@MrsNJB2812 could you message me a price please thank you

legan08 Mon 19-Nov-18 14:57:21

avawomen.ref-r.com/c/i/12607/20204668

My link for £20 off your Ava bracelet 😊

Ladylorax Sat 24-Nov-18 08:11:10

I decided to buy one despite the PCOS... thank you for the advice.

I will let people know how it works for my cycles.

Here is my referral code if anyone else is looking to buy one:

avawomen.ref-r.com/c/i/12607/18605133?r=email

Littlemisssunshine86 Tue 27-Nov-18 16:36:53

@MrsNJB2812 have you sold yours now please?

MrsNJB2812 Tue 27-Nov-18 21:01:48

Hi,
I managed to get a refund from Ava as no solid interest. Sorry. Xx

Melba43 Wed 28-Nov-18 09:25:46

Hi ladies

I have had the Ava bracelet for two and a half months and at first thought it was great but one day it failed to charge properly and now all my results are one day out of sync. I wouldn’t mind but I’ve been waiting almost two weeks for customer services to do something about it so at the moment it’s a bit pointless!

Cleozeta Wed 28-Nov-18 10:01:08

Have you tried removing your period from cd1, closing it, restarting and re-entering cd1? Apparently that can help it recalculate

RachelEL90 Tue 04-Dec-18 14:36:03

Link for £20 off if anyone’s buying: avawomen.ref-r.com/c/i/12607/19899952

Melba43 Tue 04-Dec-18 19:16:56

Thanks Cleozeta I’ll give that a try 👍

0lapislazuli Fri 07-Dec-18 07:44:57

After reading lots of positive reviews, I just got mine. I’m so excited to use it and ditch the OPKs and to not have to wake up early every morning to take my temp! They’ve released a new version, which is more accurate and more comfortable to wear. They are also offering a £30 discount if you sign up using this link, but it’s for two weeks only! avawomen.ref-r.com/c/i/12607/20140318

Hon1 Sun 09-Dec-18 09:29:02

I have just bitten the bullet and bought one as i have been trying bg for 6 months es with no success yet. If anyone would like some money off use this link... avawomen.ref-r.com/c/i/12607/21914310

Poppet11 Sun 09-Dec-18 21:30:41

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Teachermummy83 Mon 10-Dec-18 18:36:39

Hi ladies - not exactly the Ava bracelet but I’ve just watched a demonstration of the Fitbit charge 3 which says it tracks hormonal change, fertility and predicts ovulation using heart rate and temperature. It’s cheaper than the Ava and has all its other Fitbit uses too so could be used afterwards so I’m tempted. Just wondered if anyone has tried it or even had success with it?

NicolaAustin Thu 13-Dec-18 10:26:54

I’ve just received my Ava bracelet, it felt like forever for it to arrive but now it’s here I look forward to waking up to check my sleep patterns! I’m only on day 5 of wearing it and due for AF so will see how I get on next month for ovulation.

Also I have a code for £30 off if anyone is thinking of buying one use this, when you recommend a friend Ava gives you money back so it makes buying the bracelet less expensive!
avawomen.ref-r.com/c/i/12607/19742678

seven201 Sun 16-Dec-18 17:59:59

Teachermymmy83 that sounds intriguing! I've had a look and it doesn't give much info. Just says ovulation prediction calendar but presumably it does the same as the Ava. Hmmmmn. I'm tempted!

Teachermummy83 Sun 16-Dec-18 20:01:07

@seven201 I’ve ordered one. If it monitors pulse and temperature, I can’t see how different it can really be? Its virtually half the price of an Ava and I can use it for years to come as a fitness tracker even if it’s no use for fertility stuff. Always fancied a fitness tracker so have ordered one through QVC as they have a good return policy so I can shove it back if its hopeless. Worth a try I thought xx

seven201 Sun 16-Dec-18 20:30:52

Ooh! Let us know how you get on please.

Lidia21 Tue 08-Jan-19 22:08:20

I was also considering Fitbit charge 3 but I am not convinced. Doesn't it really track your basal temperature and provide analysis? I believe that the Fitbit app provides an estimated fertility window based on data on menstrual cycle inputed by the user. But I haven't try it myself so I might be wrong!

It seems to me that Ava has additional functionality that allows real time tracking. I decided to give it a go and ordered myself. Other methods of tracking ovulations are just not working for me. I am ttc for seven months now and starting to become a bit anxious.

I am waiting now for the delivery and will review the Ava bracelet after the first full month of tracking.

Below my link to the discount offered by Ava. I believe Ava offers only discounts of £20. For some reason my link opens the page in Spanish, but the you can change it in the top right corner. If the link doesn't work directly, you can copy/paste it to you browser. Thank you for using it!

avawomen.ref-r.com/c/i/14163/24352923?r=email

starryeyed13 Wed 09-Jan-19 12:45:03

Hi all - I am thinking about selling my brand new Ava - hasn't been taken out of the box! Between ordering the Ava and it arriving I was lucky enough to get a BFP. It takes around 4-6 weeks for it to be delivered from Ava but I could post it within a day. I ordered it as my best friend got pregnant on her first month tracking with Ava. If anyone is interested please send me a private message. Happy baby making smile

Teachermummy83 Wed 09-Jan-19 18:59:18

Hi ladies, Loving my Fitbit charge for encouraging me to be more active and tracking my sleep which is forcing me to relax more - surely that can only be good? As for fertility tracking, I unfortunately can’t comment - I got my BFP an hour after opening my tracker on Christmas morning! WooHoo!
It certainly has a calendar function for predicting and tracking periods in quite a similar way to the Ovia app, but I’ve not had a chance to see if this links to any temperature or heart rate measurements the tracker takes each day? I was looking forward to finding that out, but - very fortunately for me - it looks like I may not need to now! 🤞🏼 I love it as a fitness tracker though and can see me using it loads anyway.
I suggest ordering one, just to jinx the fact you’ll hopefully not need it?! 😉🤣 Worked de me! 😊

RachelStar Thu 10-Jan-19 00:20:45

Hey ladies,

I have just purchased mine. So far so good.

It got a bit of getting used to at the beginning.

I have a link for £20 if anyone wants/needs one.

avawomen.ref-r.com/c/i/12607/23717372

I will write more about it once I have had it for a few more days.

Robinhood91 Thu 10-Jan-19 08:45:24

Hi
How much would you like to see for? Also how would payment be exchanged?

starryeyed13 Thu 10-Jan-19 09:51:23

@Robinhood91 I have sent you a PM x

finleybobinley1 Thu 10-Jan-19 11:30:48

hi ladies, quick question, do you just wear the bracelet through the night? also what's the battery life like as I have a fitbit which only last 5days and I'm forever for getting to charge it up. thanks in advance smile

Luxembourgmama Thu 10-Jan-19 15:16:02

Is it better than the clearblue sticks?

lozbee Sun 13-Jan-19 09:46:55

I am trying to use the discount code link but can’t seem to get it to work after I click through it’s still full price, anyone know what I need to do? Thanks

starryeyed13 Sun 13-Jan-19 21:24:21

@lozbee it may have expired? I also have one https://avawomen.ref-r.com/c/i/12607/20352420 if you click it the discount should automatically come up at the top?

starryeyed13 Sun 13-Jan-19 21:25:08

@lozbee you then type in 'AVABFF18' in the promo code section at the check in.

Peaky1 Sun 13-Jan-19 21:37:04

@finleybobinley1 You only wear it at night. I keep it on charge next to my bed so I just plug it back in each morning.

freshwater123 Mon 14-Jan-19 15:27:51

This has been really interesting to read. I'm debating whether I should invest because after 1 year of trying without success (LO is 2.5, my cycle returned after when he was 1.5) but very predictable fertile signs every month (clearblue monitor and cm) I had what could have been implantation bleeding at Christmas but it didn't come to anything. I had organised blood tests over New Year in case my period came as usual, which it did. Since then, this cycle, I have had absolutely no positive signs. Nothing. My day 2 FSH has just come back today at 24, so I might be perimenopausal. Dr has sorted me more tests to check what's going on, but I'm really worried that we might be running out of time to have a sibling for DS1 (who we are very lucky to have, of course). I'm wondering whether the ava bracelet might help us maximise our dwindling chances. Obviously it won't tell me anything about FSH levels or change them, but just in terms of improving knowledge of fertile window and what else is going on in my cycle. Husband is sceptical, but I'm quite keen on maximising scientific info to pore over...

But if I do buy it, I'm also in a big hurry to get it as I'm now mid cycle! @starryeyed13 is yours still for sale?

Any thoughts on whether it's worth it in these circumstances? As others have said, refill sticks all add up...but I'm 40 in June. Clutching at straws?

Cleozeta Mon 14-Jan-19 16:43:30

Freshwater - I am perimenopausal (FSH of 18.4 last Jan, I'm 41) I use ava bracelet and find it really useful for predicting ovulation and impending (or not) AF. It's data is brilliant if you love analysing. Once you've sussed out your pattern you can easily predict with it.

Here's my code for £20 off

avawomen.ref-r.com/c/i/12607/15728512

It is expensive to start with but it's worth it

RachelStar Fri 18-Jan-19 16:26:19

So far I am very impressed with mine.

For anyone looking I have a code for £20 off.

You click the link below then you must put the code AVABFF18 at checkout.

avawomen.ref-r.com/c/i/12607/23717372

Remember to put AVABFF18 at checkout to validate your £20 off.

Ally1238 Sun 20-Jan-19 23:11:37

Hey, I just got 1 2 weeks ago, so far so good, my only problem is it's a bit slow updating the data, probably cos I've no patience lol, I have a £20 off code if anyone wants it avawomen.refr.com/c/i/12607/23302955 just copy n paste

BomBanna Mon 21-Jan-19 03:40:54

I have a Fitbit charge 3 ... but have also been looking at the AVA ...it’s expensive and we are ‘only’ on the second month of TTC (but looks like we’ll be trying again next month)...

The Fitbit is good but the difference seems to be AVA tracks body temperature - the Fitbit doesn’t ... also the FitBit app doesn’t really update fertile cycle if your AF days are longer/shorter than they pop in for you in advance...
Using the clear blue dual hormone kit this month, I discovered that the FItBit fertile window was slightly out for me. It had my ovulation day as 11/02 (so the two days beforehand would be ‘peak fertility)... ClearBlue had me reach ‘peak fertility’ late night on 10/02 (it says you can track more frequently than once in the morning once you have hit ‘high fertility’)...

I’ve used the AVA calculator for ‘how long will it take to get pregnant’ - certain lifestyle choices have taken that down from 6 months to 4 months (mainly my caffeine reduction etc).

Had a miscarriage last summer @ 12 weeks... that was actually unplanned... now just desperately want to be pregnant again.

Will keep my eye on this thread to see updates on the Ava...

🧚‍♀️ Baby dust to all x

Chickpea8 Thu 24-Jan-19 22:47:39

Well I have finally got my Ava bracelet and I love it, it's definitely so much easier than temping etc and I think the relaxed attitude of not removing etc will definitely help with conception smile good luck and baby dust to all, I will certainly update if I conceive with it smile

£20 off link -

https://avawomen.ref-r.com/c/i/12607/24709489

Chickpea8 Thu 24-Jan-19 22:49:58

Oh and after using link
https://avawomen.ref-r.com/c/i/12607/24709489

You need to use AVABFF18 in discount code at checkout for it to work smile x

Ss1313 Thu 24-Jan-19 23:52:54

Hi starryeyed13, can you please contact me if you are still interested in selling this and have it available? Thanks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »