Talk

Advanced search

TTC #1 - 8 or more cycles

(69 Posts)
juneybean Wed 17-Jan-18 22:45:05

Hoping to find some lovely people who are in the same boat.

I've just failed cycle 9 onto cycle 10 and trying for number 1.

For the record I use OPK and temp - not that it helps!

This doesn't include the two private IUI and three natural cycles I tried in 2014 sad

Any one else struggling to conceive number 1??

LovePinaColada Wed 17-Jan-18 22:51:30

Hands up! Joining...

TTC #1
Cycle #8

Just at the point where I am starting to get concerned something is wrong & it will never happen. Trying to remain positive & 'relax' but that feeling is getting stronger & stronger.

Sending positive vibes to all who join & of course you @juneybean.

Motherofkats Thu 18-Jan-18 03:11:59

Can I join please?!? In a similar boat to you both

Ttc #1
Cycle 10
Age 28
Cd 21

@LovePinaColada I feel the same. Hard to stay positive and every month is so long to wait!! Fingers crossed for us all. You’re not alone!!

Motherofkats Thu 18-Jan-18 03:12:11

@juneybean I feel your pain with the opks. No use for me so far either!

juneybean Thu 18-Jan-18 07:45:49

Welcome both!

Did anyone naively think it'd work first go?! Ha

Oh my details:

Cycle: 10
CD: 2

FlipKat Thu 18-Jan-18 11:33:27

Yes me! Even though I know the stats I also kind of thought it might just work out first go!! Oh well.

Ttc #1
Cycle 11
Age 38
Cd 28 - AF due tomorrow

Pizzanewyorkcatcher Thu 18-Jan-18 12:04:57

waves

Ttc #1
Cycle 15 confused
Age 28

If I read one more blog that says to "relax" I may throw my computer out the window grin

Mrsjones17 Thu 18-Jan-18 12:32:00

Guess I should join here!
TTC #1
Cycle 14 I think! Feel like I'm loosing count!
Age 29

juneybean Thu 18-Jan-18 12:51:14

But pizza have you tried relaxing? grin

Welcome all!

My next fertile week starts on 26th Jan I think.

LuItaliana Thu 18-Jan-18 13:05:13

Me! Why does no one tell you it will be so hard?

TTC#1
Cycle 16 - 1 MMC in December
Age 31

PNGirl Thu 18-Jan-18 13:41:00

Me! It's been about 10 cycles over 12 months. I went to the Dr last week who told me... to relax. I wasn't having that as a prescription so I'm having bloods done this month.

Age 32, CD 26 (they range from 15 to 60 days)

PNGirl Thu 18-Jan-18 13:41:31

Ha, I am in fact 33. Age calculation fail.

Motherofkats Thu 18-Jan-18 15:55:46

Sorry to hear about your MC Lultalianna 😞 I had a MC in August also. Everyone says, at least you know you can conceive! But it doesn’t make it easier.

Is it sad that I’ve asked my DH for a clear blue fertility monitor for my birthday!? Not really the sort of pressie I’ll be opening up at a family birthday celebration!!! 😂

LuItaliana Thu 18-Jan-18 16:22:49

Oh MotherofKats I know literally everyone said that to me! It's so hard after trying for so long, hopefully this will be our year!

I hope you get some fun presents too! I dread to think how much I've spent on OPK's, apps, acupuncture, pregnancy tests, vitamins... I could have probably had an amazing holiday!

LuItaliana Thu 18-Jan-18 16:23:09

Oh Motherofkats I know literally everyone said this to me! Its so hard after trying for so long, hopefully this will be our year!

I hope you get some fun presents too! I dread to think how much I've spent on OPK's, apps, acupuncture, pregnancy tests, vitamins... I could have probably had an amazing holiday!

juneybean Thu 18-Jan-18 17:10:42

Ahh I'm guilty of thinking that so I apologise for that. sad Wouldn't wish a miscarriage on anyone though sorry you've both been through that!

I've never had a sniff of a BFP but have had a progesterone test in July which came back as a good result.

But I've booked a GP appointment next week to ask for the day 3 blood test and next steps.

Motherofkats Thu 18-Jan-18 18:53:08

That’s ok Juneybean as I know people say it with good intentions! Wow acupuncture is something I have not tried yet Lultaliana. And yes it’s all quite expensive when you count it up hmm I have a feeling this will be our year though ladies. I’m hoping and wishing for us all x

Motherofkats Thu 18-Jan-18 18:54:17

That’s good you are looking at next steps too juneybean. Fingers crossed for you and keep us updated x

juneybean Thu 18-Jan-18 18:57:58

Ooh I tried acupuncture and I did think it was doing good things but was so expensive!

Mrsjones17 Thu 18-Jan-18 20:26:39

I have had accupuncture and again found it doing good things to everything but my bank balance!

LuItaliana Fri 19-Jan-18 11:49:38

I know I pay £45 a session sad but I did get my BFP after 5 weeks, after trying for over a year so I'm hoping it will work again and hopefully stick this time and be worth the investment!
Its good that your first test came back OK juneybean fingers crossed for the next steps. When I went to hospital for my MMC the nurse told me that 18 months was average to conceive so hopefully we'll all have our BFP's in the next few months!

Mrsjones17 Sat 20-Jan-18 13:16:07

I'm officially a knob. Told myself I was just going to 'forget about it' in this tww....nope I think I'm thinking about it more! When will I learn??!!

juneybean Sat 20-Jan-18 14:00:08

Don't think I helped when I asked what dpo you were...! Sorry!

juneybean Sun 21-Jan-18 12:43:25

How are we all doing? I'm still only CD5 so in a waiting place before I can start doing OPK.

Motherofkats Mon 22-Jan-18 02:25:54

I had pink spotting on Saturday cd 24. Was sooooo hopeful as I usually have a 28day cycle clockwork. Came on heavier yesterday ( Sunday) but still pinkish. And now middle of night cramps and bright red af😞😞 so sad. Feel like my body is failing me or maybe I’m failing my body. Back to cd1 😕 fertility monitor arrives tomorrow so will start with that. Hope you all have more luck than me this month!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now