Talk

Advanced search

Copper IUD removal

(4 Posts)
canderella Sat 13-Jan-18 22:32:50

Hi all,
I recently had the copper coil inserted but I hate it, the cramps are unbearable and I just don’t feel right with it in. I want it removed but my periods are irregular as in it never comes on the same day every month (eg. Day29). I rang my clinic today and they said it has to be removed during your period but didn’t specify a particular day. It will be difficult make an appointment due to the irregularity however I’m wondering for those who have had removals at what stage/day of your cycle did you have the removal? Was it during your period? Did you conceive straight after?

physicskate Sat 13-Jan-18 22:57:37

I had mine taken out on a random cycle day in Nov 2015. Began ttc in earnest in April 2016. Still not pregnant... everyone is different though...

60sname Sat 13-Jan-18 23:05:47

Both mine were on the first day of my period, the first time by design as I hadn't had a baby (I don't remember if the clinic advised it) and the second time by coincidence. Insertion is much more fiddly than removal though.

We were lucky enough to conceive straight away after removal both times.

ClaryFray Sat 13-Jan-18 23:24:24

They can remove it at anytime of the month. I've had three coils. One copper and both inserting and removal was done on a dry day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now